OCR00836 - IronSword: Wizards & Warriors II "Sword Foundry"

Disco Dan

IronSword: Wizards & Warriors II 'Sword Foundry'

Remember the Beatles Anthology? A whole bunch of tracks that "never made it" for quality or other reasons? Imagine if the minibosses released an anthology. This might be on it. While the style isn't my preference, I can admit when it's done well, and this feels pretty messy to me. If you like the raw, unrehearsed, slapped together, garage feel, then you might like this. I felt it was a bit too unrehearsed for me. If I hear a live ensemble, I like to hear a TIGHT one. (If you've ever heard Average White Band or Cubanismo (two very different styles of music) live, then you'll know what I mean). As this song is, I don't really dig it. Seems more like a WIP to me, but check it out if you liked the original, you might enjoy. Personally, I'd like to see it redone after a few more rehearsals.

DC

It's been a while since we've had a rock remix (hasn't it?) I liked this mix. It's good in that it sounds like the original track, yet still has originality to it. Although I don't have a real good ear for remixes (ie can't really tell if it was just slapped together or not like DiscoDan can (hey I rhymed :roll: )) it still sounds good to me.

I see some people here don`t like this one but I think it`s cool with this raw sound. I`m also a fan to heavy metal and this sounds like a good song made of a local garageband in a crappy studio with limited time in it, which means the quality isn`t the best. Anyway, I enjoy it! :D

Not quite what I was expecting, though I don't suppose it helps that I didn't know what to expect in the first place. Personally, I found a couple spots in this mix that didn't seem too clean, although for some reason I think it adds to it somehow. All in all, I think this is a pretty darn good mix. Keep it coming Ryan!

Hope be with ye,

Cyan

WOW that was such a nice remix like the other said guy i remember playing it the first time too this remix rocks im makeing a cd right now with this song being track #1 also i remeber requesting this song so long ago and it finally comes to life......its in my playlist as i type great job Ryan8bit :lol:

This is one of those pieces where it really has to be your sort of genre for you to actually enjoy it and not just "like" or "dislike" it. I'm somewhere between enjoyment and liking it. The raw sound was great, and as far as its type of music, orchestrated really well. Ryan8bit did a fantastic job on this remix. I think the raw sound gets grounded well at the beginning and end. What I mean by that is that it doesn't just suddenly come at you and it doesn't suddenly just drop off. As great a remix as someone can make, if it ends (ends more than begins) on a bad note, then it takes away quite a bit from the rest of the song. Definately, well done.

• 1 month later...

hmm. interesting remix. kick ass remix, actually. Yep, its loud, its raw, ...its the way rock/metal is supposed to sound :wink:

Some remixers just go into their own original artistic world and use a few minutes of ear-fucking static *cough*Silent Hill 2 StaticAversion*cough* and then finally get to the cool part. However, in this remix, it gets straight to the point. The sound effects are pretty cool too, like that boiling cauldron...and before the main attraction, that wizard laugh or whatever it is comes in, and what I love most is the heavy and loud guitars. Its nice to hear a good ol' straight-foward heavy remix. Good job, dude. :mrgreen:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Vintage Ryan8bit. This is before his tone got really good, and his production improved where it could really show it off. This is pretty muddy when everything is playing at once, but the arrangement is nice. I dig the slowdown and the general concept.

A little too rough for me to really get into, but it's cool to see stuff from way back in the day. Seems to me that back then Ryan was singlehandedly holding down the OCR rock fort, waiting for the rest of us rock remixers to get it together and start making more tracks.

• 3 months later...

I absolutely love this style, whether it was an artistic decision or a result of lack of resources, knowledge or interest is irrelevant. The important thing is the raw grit to the sound of this mix gives bucketloads of character and identity to this theme. Ryan8bit has a few earlier mixes like this, and while his later mixes ARE superior mixes, I think I like these severely unpolished pieces moreso. To me this sounds exposed and more concentrated musically. I guess you could say I like this mix more for what it doesn't do than what it does.

I'm also a big fan of the sample/vocal work thrown in here. Very understated but extremely well placed.

In all, a very unconventional piece, but one I listen to a lot. Even if I do feel like a tetanus shot after extensive listening.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00836 - IronSword: Wizards & Warriors II "Sword Foundry"
  • 1 year later...