Rate our remixes?

The intro to Tyrian one sounds decidedly cheesy and lo-fi. Once the songs starts, it seems to lack drive from the leads. Drums are pushed a little too far back. I think a little more spacing out your soundfield would help with panning and whatnot.

Whenever something is working alone without backing harmonies, they sound oh so very bare and brittle. No advice on how to help you there.

I don't know the original, so I'm just going to comment on going back to a sort of 'chorus' with no real changes to any part. Might want to add a little something different the second time through.

The intro to Tyrian one sounds decidedly cheesy and lo-fi. Once the songs starts, it seems to lack drive from the leads. Drums are pushed a little too far back. I think a little more spacing out your soundfield would help with panning and whatnot.

Whenever something is working alone without backing harmonies, they sound oh so very bare and brittle. No advice on how to help you there.

I don't know the original, so I'm just going to comment on going back to a sort of 'chorus' with no real changes to any part. Might want to add a little something different the second time through.

Thanks, what are you listening to the song on? Surround sound system? Since these songs are only demos, we still have plenty of room to rework, I'll have Axel post the original so you can hear and compare later.

--

Shane