FLMC - FruityLoops Music Competion 8: Kirby's Block Ball

Gollgagh

Okay, since I'm home now and done with the semester, I think I can help with this again.

Seriously, though guys, put this thing in your sigs and link the thread.

[url=http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12506][img=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6483/flccopyde8.png][/url

edit: why the blasted hell is this code thing so retarded? Images shouldn't show up in code boxes. this completely defeats the purpose of having a

function at all.

quote me for the code for the linked sig

No Sytrus, DX10, Wasp, Soundfont Player, etc.

Is ect defined as toxic and 3x osc or what? ect defined as external plugins like synth1 too????

thanks

ok I see no external plugins but what about morphine, toxic, 3x osc, beep map gen (lol), fruity vibrator (what the hell does this do anyways?), and all the other stuff?

Is ect defined as toxic and 3x osc or what? ect defined as external plugins like synth1 too????

thanks

ok I see no external plugins but what about morphine, toxic, 3x osc, beep map gen (lol), fruity vibrator (what the hell does this do anyways?), and all the other stuff?

3x osc is acceptable, most of the entrants use that.

I started something today, with 3x osc for the first time. Hope it will turn out better.

Maybe it's a good idea to update the first post. It still sais that the deadline is 15 november. Maybe some remixers see that and think they can't enter the contest anymore.

k done

Also, I'm not against allowing things if it gets entries submitted. However, I'd like the opinions of at least two "regulars" before I change anything.

What a surprise to find some life breathed back into this thing...

sytrus sounds a lot lot better than 3osc. 3osc has 3 osc which is good but it only has 1 filter controlling all three and one lfo controlling all three. It also has vol, filter, and pitch envelopes. That's it :(

Yeah dude, you have to have mad skillz to make mad synth sounds in this competition. Don't midi rip though. Put a little effort in. I recommend playing with the 3xosc for a while and see if you can't get something interesting out of it. Layer a few and make use of FX to get better results.

Edit: So I thought I put the banner thing in my sig, but I don't see anything there. I'm pretty sure I copied it properly. I don't normally post image links around here so I probably don't know what I'm doing.

I'm fine with allowing sytrus, the only downside is people that haven't bought it (and don't have the demo) will have to render to .wav or .mp3 and save the score without the instrument.

Instead of completely banning things, we could also limit them to so many tracks. You can use sytrus, wasp, and whatever else, but only on up to three channels.

If this *is* applied, I'd like this to come into effect next round instead of this one. We've already had entries before this started to become an issue.

thanks

Morphine is not included with all versions FL Studio.

Toxic is not included with all versions of FL Studio.

Synth1 is not included with all versions of FL Studio.

Sytrus is not included with all versions of FL Studio.

get the picture? FL Studio Producer edition comes with DEMO versions of Sytrus/Toxic/etc. and that means you CAN'T SAVE ANY PROJECTS CONTAINING THEM. phail.

3xOsc is fine.

Beepmap is fine.

Vibrator allows you to generate vibrations if you have a force feedback joystick/etc.

sytrus sounds a lot lot better than 3osc. 3osc has 3 osc which is good but it only has 1 filter controlling all three and one lfo controlling all three. It also has vol, filter, and pitch envelopes. That's it :(

sounds like everything id want in a synth. me <3 3xOsc. of course, 10 3xOscs are always more fun than 1...

also, epic win using 3xOsc

yeah. I can run it without ASIO too, actually. Though in both cases I need to tweak the buffer size. Using the "smart disable for all plugins" macro can help too.

You should be glad that Prophecy rendered "TheBlob" to wav file. Look at the project file he made for that O_o...insane...

I've got an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHz with 2GB of ram running 32-bit Vista. And a piece-o-crap integrated sound card.

yeah. I can run it without ASIO too, actually. Though in both cases I need to tweak the buffer size. Using the "smart disable for all plugins" macro can help too.

You should be glad that Prophecy rendered "TheBlob" to wav file. Look at the project file he made for that O_o...insane...

I've got an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHz with 2GB of ram running 32-bit Vista. And a piece-o-crap integrated sound card.

Do you have the project file for it, actually? It sounds like awesome...