Nintendo Wii Wifi and Vista......

Conan The Politician

For those who don't know, the nintendo wifi usb pc adapter doesn't work with vista:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSBTSsetup.jsp

Please note that at this time, the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector software is not compatible with Windows Vista (all versions). Please check back for future updates, as our engineers are currently working on a potential solution.

However, I'm curious to know if there's alternative methods, via software, to installing this device through a vista pc. Obviously, it isn't going to be supported by nintendo, but I would still like to find a way around this before I shell out more cash for something I thought I took care of.

Yeah, I got a USB wifi adapter sitting in my desk because once I got my new computer (and new version of Windows), it never worked right.

Basically, the drivers for it are only compatible with one or two versions of XP. And I mean, just XP version. If you update your XP system, you may lose the use of it. And if you're running XP 64-bit, you're equally fucked.

Seriously, just buy a damn wireless router. The USB dongle thing is just worthless. It only runs while your computer is on, and it's not as fast or stable as a router.

That said, any one want a Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter? I'll sell it to you cheap.

I'd love to use a wireless router, but every router I've installed in my apartment has burned out in 2 months.

As for the problem, it seems that you can get around it by going into the compatibility options in properties for the setup.exe file, change the compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2), and that fixes the problem. Just updated my Wii browser and all.