Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

EDIT: http://www.streetfighterworld.com/ <- Trailer

http://kotaku.com/gaming/finally/street-fighter-4-confirmed-311856.php

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163721

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2004.html

Sure there's the 2D fighter thread, but this is WAY too big to not have it's own thread. All we know for sure is that it is under development and Ryu and Ken could be playable characters

It would really break from Street Fighter's roots if it weren't 2D in some fashion. It could even be Smash Brothers-style 2D.

I dunno, I can't see a game with 3D models replicating the feel of a 2D fighter, even if it were Smash Bros style. The collision detection just seems to go completely out of whack when you change something to 3D.

I dunno, I can't see a game with 3D models replicating the feel of a 2D fighter, even if it were Smash Bros style. The collision detection just seems to go completely out of whack when you change something to 3D.

OMG WUT ABOUT SKULLOMANIA?!!

I tend to agree that speed and collision detection, and their relationship, get all funked up in 3D. However, if there's a company to change this, and a title to change it with, it's Capcom and SF4. I'm happy either way, but some small part of me would have been happier with... Street Fighter Alpha 4. Maybe they'll do SFA3 in HD next, depending on how SSF2 goes...

Bionic Commando, then this? This is great news. I really think that Capcom is starting to step up, and I can see this game having one hell of a budget (which it should)

2d? 3d? Who cares? I think it would be better if Capcom reinvented the wheel and put fighting games in their rightful places near the top of the gaming spectrum. Anyway, I'm happy about this news.

Now give us a revamped Mega Man (not the .exe bullshit, not zero, MEGA MAN goddammit) and bring us forth into a new golden age.

I'd like to see SF4 on all the consoles rather than keeping it exclusive...

---

Now give us a revamped Mega Man, not the .exe bullshit, not zero, MEGA MAN goddammit

They tried somewhat with MM on the psp, didn't do as well as they'd like...

The zero series technically ended at 4 with no news of a 5th, yet speculation say a possible 5th, idk...

I wouldn't mind a total clean up of the original series, (the ports while still enjoyable were just that ports)but updating and making it a more action intensive series...

Not gonna say the latest graphics are needed as that won't mean much if its still the same game with eye candy coating... Wouldn't hurt though...

Heck be as difficult as reasonbly possible (personal preference)

redone artwork/music/style of sprites/models.

or... MML3

10 years in the making. It's hard to believe that the series is 20 years old and there are only FOUR numbered installments.

Capcom better not disappoint me. I don't want a Street Fighter that feels like a damn modification of the series...we need a retooling...

Street Fighter Gamma Alpha Omega EX plus the Damn Kitchen Sink...that's how the series has always been in my view...

Uh...the Zero series ended with 4 and then went on to become the ZX series. If there's anyone speculating that there's a 5th Zero game in the works, they have no clue as to what's going on with the series.

Yeah considering how the story itself went I thought it was an ending to the zero series; A fitting one actually.

But yeah I'd love to see a revamped MM series

as for SF4

If on the Wii, they better make it so I can use the classic controller as well as the wiimote. The classic controller was perfect console wise...