Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

Anatomy of an Injin post:

1. Read original post
  2. Is the game popular? If so, be negative, if it's an obscure title, be positive.
  3. Make argument that makes no sense and is biased in every possible way.
  4. Complain about how people on the forums are all about the hype/a bunch of morons.

Seriously, I'm not a big Street Fighter player, heck, other than Smash, I don't go for fighter games, and I know that adding SNK characters would be a bad idea.

The return of Ryu and Ken. They most likely will be joined by Chun-Li, and Akuma. My bet is that Alex and maybe Hugo (Zangief would be to damn old, and he wasn't in SF3) from SF3 will join them. Maybe one or two from SF2 and SFA?

Don't think many of the SFA characters will be joining Street Fighter again. Most of them are dead, or were imported from Final Fight.

Sakura. I loved Sakura. Of course I know she's probably not gonna make it in SFIV, but it can't hurt to dream.

How in the fuck do you actually play those anyway?!

Playing the MvC games is quite easy:

1) Learn the magic series for the characters you want to play.

2) Learn to do the complete midair combo with normal moves

3) Learn to string massive super moves in the middle of numbers 1 and (preferably) 2.

4) Win!

There's a bit more to it than that, but they don't have the depth of, say, SFA3 of SF3:3rd Strike. I still like them though.

Instead of separating entire franchises, why don't they just get a bunch of SNK fighters and inject them in there? It'd surely help the lack of that certain quirkiness the SNK characters always had over Capcom types. Also, I want to see new characters instead of the same old.

Because SNK and Capcom are 2 different companies and because SNK fighters like King of Fighters play completely different from Street Fighter.

Also there are already 3 games like that, their called Capcom vs SNK, Capcom vs SNK 2, and SNK vs Capcom Chaos.

Besides, I'm sure capcom will introduce a lot of new characters. Since when have they not. Just look at the differences between II,Alpha, and III.

Hey who deleted my original thread about this very topic??? And then pasted my post as if I am replying to this one!!!!! I was the original creator!!! I will ha-do-ken his ass so hard... well not really (that didn't really sound right did it?). Anyways a fine announcement indeed and I am sure there will be more to come over the next few months that will get better and better (assumingly).

Viewing from the trailer, I think there may be more emphasis on hand-to-hand combat, and less on projectiles and specials. This would be a welcome change - although I'd still like to see the power bars in all their SFA3 glory (I thought that the special management was an important tool), much more emphasis on strategy as well as tactics would be okay in my book.

There was so much to learn and do in Virtua Fighter 4, it'd be great to do that with a 2D fighter now...

Viewing from the trailer, I think there may be more emphasis on hand-to-hand combat, and less on projectiles and specials. This would be a welcome change - although I'd still like to see the power bars in all their SFA3 glory (I thought that the special management was an important tool), much more emphasis on strategy as well as tactics would be okay in my book.

There was so much to learn and do in Virtua Fighter 4, it'd be great to do that with a 2D fighter now...

Well that's essentially Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike; a refined, technical fighter with less emphasis on supers and specials. I agree that IV should continue in that tradition.

Honestly, Ryu isn't supposed to be a round eye, and the 3s art is just better to me

I agree, Third strke's art direction was amazing (well it still is, but you know what I mean.) This trailer kind of reminds me of that other Capcom game about the wolf that was all paint-y. Can't think of the name right now.

Oh, and there better be some Muay-Thai repping in this game. That was the biggest dissapointment for me in third strike. Not neccessarily a lack of Sagat, but the absence of someone to carry the lineage of his fighting style.

Why has no one asked for Ibuki's return yet? She made it into Gem Fighters/Puzzle Fighter, one of them, if not both. A pity she got nerfed so hard in 3S. I mean, I know she was powerful, but she got hit HARD but the fix stick.

Personally, I hope they go the high res 2D art route. Third Strike still looks beautiful, Chun Li still looks fappable, but the low resolution really hurts on a big clear screen.

If it's a 3d fighter, like they tried to do with All Stars, well, that would just be...not right. I don't know how they're going to top 3 on a technical fighting level, and it is being developed by Capcom USA, and not Capcom Japan, which is a bit of a worry...