Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

Looks SNK not Capcom, still cool, but it makes me think Capcom Fighting Jam

Agreed. I wouldn't mind much, but Street Fighter purists probably would want that "KOF crap" out of there. Funny, she reminds me more of King, not Vanessa.

And if those thighs can crush tanks, I'm afraid to see what Chun-Li's beefed up anatomy looks like.

^ Yeah, I could do without the SNK-influenced suit-wearing, androgynous fighters (SNK fans, no harm meant). But the thing that concerns me the most besides gameplay...

Please let the music rock. Street Fighter 2 has awesome music. 3 and EX's music was a bit too friendly with disco, jazz, new age, etc.. I want music that pumps me up - Street Fighter 2 managed to incorporate many different musical styles, yet almost every theme is full of energy and meant to make you want to win.

Most horrible loading times EVER.

Yeah, and that was on a friggin' cartridge! I still got a copy, bought it a couple of months ago for like 15 bucks.

And to be honest, i really didn't think the music from Third Strike was that good. I enjoyed some tunes, but EVERY song from SF2 kicked ass.

Yeah, and that was on a friggin' cartridge! I still got a copy, bought it a couple of months ago for like 15 bucks.

And to be honest, i really didn't think the music from Third Strike was that good. I enjoyed some tunes, but EVERY song from SF2 kicked ass.

I don't know. I felt that stages like Blanka's and Chun-li's didn't create the same sense of energy that the other character's stages did.

I mean, all of the stages seemed pretty random (to match the character selecetion,) but the only thing that was really uniform in all of the music tracks were the primitive synth instruments that they all used.

Third Strike seems to follow in SF2's footsteps in that the characters and their stages are very varied, as are most of the tracks. There are a few too many "relaxing" bgs for a fighting game, I guess, but after MCV2, I can't really hate on sf3:ts too much. MVC2's bg music....talk about ironic.

That kicking combo might have been Shippu-Jinrai-Kyaku. A kicking super that ends in the hurricane kick, which has been in games like SF3, EX2, and Alpha3. Unless it's not that move he's doing in the clips...

I wouldn't mind seeing more veteran characters return in SF4. Especially after playing Alpha3, which had a roster containing all the originals, all the characters up to Alpha2, and *then some*. Considering the game will be on a DVD now (as opposed to the previous being on CDs), I'm hoping for an impressive roster containing a good selection of veterans and newbies alike.

• 2 weeks later...
Famitsu just released a ton of screenshots and art for Street Fighter IV.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213478_1124.html

Awesome but for some reason the art direction taken for the game looks a bit weird to me. I don't even know what to make of it...it's like cel-shaded but at the same time not. It's too bad I don't have a 360 or ps3 to play this on and it's not likely there will be a Wii release too.

And Chun-Li's thighs continue to get stupidly thick.

I honestly think they are the same size as before. I really don't see any difference from previous versions. In fact I don't see where everyone is getting the idea that all the characters are on steriods in 4. The SF characters have always had huge muscular builds. In SF2 it wasn't very noticable but in Alpha and 3 you could definately tell the characters where of a above average size. Its sort of the artstyle of the SF series.

Awesome but for some reason the art direction taken for the game looks a bit weird to me. I don't even know what to make of it...it's like cel-shaded but at the same time not. It's too bad I don't have a 360 or ps3 to play this on and it's not likely there will be a Wii release too.

I don't think they had much of a choice when turning an anime styled fighting game into 3D. I wouldn't have minded a more straight 3D conversion like Project Justice though. I was hoping SF4's art was done by Project Justice and Dark Stalker's Edayan.