Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

I'm not sure what I think about all of these blur effects in SF4. Perhaps you all have noticed this too, but it seems like it occurs almost anytime an attack comes out. I guess I'll have to wait until I see this game in an arcade cabinet or something, but it seems like it would be short changing the character models for them to be blurred out half the time. I mean blur would be cool if it occured every now and then, but I hope they don't over do it.

OOH and have you seen the picture of the cabinet? It looks quite sexy a la the Tekken 5 DR cabinets. Can't tell what the buttons and joystick are from the picture, but if I had to guess I'd say they'll have convex buttons and a ball-end stick.

http://www.shoryuken.com/ (1st blog post)

Forget the thighs, look at her arms and hands. She could beat 97% of guys at arm wrestling. I mean look at the sinews and striations on her forearms. Sick. And those hands? A tranny's if I ever saw one.

HEY! Don't talk shit about Capcom's flagship lady and resident whore-able character.

Because the director of SF2 described SF4 has the Second Coming of SF2. It has all original 8 fighters, includes SF2 locations, and takes place right after SF2. The game is designed with SF2 players in mind; people who are used to SF2 should be able to pick it up and immediately get a feel for it.

It's another SF2 game.

Until we get some definitive details of the game's fighting system, I'd say it's too early to judge whether it's just a rehash of SF2.

Technically, every other SF has been a gameplay element away from being a rehash. Alpha had multi-level super bars, and counter moves. EX had guard breaks.

The new saving move looks to be the element that sets SF4 apart ever so slightly from SF2. And there's still plenty of time for changes.

Because the director of SF2 described SF4 has the Second Coming of SF2. It has all original 8 fighters, includes SF2 locations, and takes place right after SF2. The game is designed with SF2 players in mind; people who are used to SF2 should be able to pick it up and immediately get a feel for it.

It's another SF2 game.

The lack of parries will mean that yes, it's more focused on controlling space like SF2 and less like SF3, but Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is about controlling space and I don't see anyone calling it a SF2 rehash.

Alpha 3 had all the Super Turbo characters and no parries, was it a rehash? Sf4 still has stuff like ex moves along with new things like dash cancels and the revenge meter or whatever they are calling it. The only reason they have all the original characters and stages is because they are trying to cash in on the SF2 name, the whole reason it was even green lighted to be made was because SF2: Turbo sold so well on XBLA.

Well, seeing how the graphics are rendered in 3D (even if the gameplay is 2d) that means that capcom finally re-did the game sprites. So, that's one thing keeping it from being an "SF-2 rehash."

Because as you all know, it's not a geniuine Capcom Street Fighter until we find out that they are re-using the same sprites from the orignial SF.

I mean, damn, even SNK eventually realized that their old sprites form like KOF 95 or whatever looked butt-ugly and re-did that stuff.

The lack of parries will mean that yes, it's more focused on controlling space like SF2 and less like SF3, but Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is about controlling space and I don't see anyone calling it a SF2 rehash.

Alpha 3 had all the Super Turbo characters and no parries, was it a rehash? Sf4 still has stuff like ex moves along with new things like dash cancels and the revenge meter or whatever they are calling it. The only reason they have all the original characters and stages is because they are trying to cash in on the SF2 name, the whole reason it was even green lighted to be made was because SF2: Turbo sold so well on XBLA.

Let's just say, that it's going to resemble SF2 a lot more then some people would've wanted.

Bringing the entire SF2 crew back feels like a step back. SF3 made little sense storywise, but at least it fucking dropped Bison, and the whole shadaloo thing. I was getting bored of that back in Alpha 1. It made progress, and now they are going to ignore it all.

Well, seeing how the graphics are rendered in 3D (even if the gameplay is 2d) that means that capcom finally re-did the game sprites. So, that's one thing keeping it from being an "SF-2 rehash."

Because as you all know, it's not a geniuine Capcom Street Fighter until we find out that they are re-using the same sprites from the orignial SF.

I mean, damn, even SNK eventually realized that their old sprites form like KOF 95 or whatever looked butt-ugly and re-did that stuff.

3D models aren't sprites. Cut that shit out right now before it catches on. :whatevaa:

Let's just say, that it's going to resemble SF2 a lot more then some people would've wanted.

Bringing the entire SF2 crew back feels like a step back. SF3 made little sense storywise, but at least it fucking dropped Bison, and the whole shadaloo thing. I was getting bored of that back in Alpha 1. It made progress, and now they are going to ignore it all.

Well right now only the original 8 have been announced, Bison isn't for sure in the game yet so I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

Why is everyone wanting all these SF3 elements anyways? SF3 was horribly balanced compared to SF2.

3D models aren't sprites. Cut that shit out right now before it catches on. :whatevaa:

Of course they're not sprites. But these 3D models can be seen as redrawn versions of those old 2D sprites, only using polygons instead of pixels (drawn in the sense of placing points on an X/Y/Z grid, instead of pixels on an X/Y grid). Of course, you could also call these polygons a remolding, seeing as working on 3D models is more like working in clay (start with a basic shape, and build from there).

Regardless of how you look at it though, this is yet another version of familiar characters.

And speaking of characters, I wonder if Balrog, Vega, Sagat and Bison are going to wind up appearing in some form. They're all that's missing at this point.

I honestly don't see why everyone is so upset about SF IV being more like SF II. First off it was expected considering II is the most popular and best selling of the series. Second, Alpha 3 was a great game and they had all the original SSF2T characters (at least the home versions did). Its not like adding more SF II characters to the game guarantees it will suck. Third, the gameplay engine so far sounds nothing like SF II's at all, no parrying doesn't mean crap. Agian, Alpha didn't have parrying and it still played completely different. Finally, SF3 Third Strike is just one of those games that you'll keep going back to years and years later just because its so good and fun to play. SF IV wont replace it and nobody is going to make you play IV. If you want to play SF3 play SF3. Let IV be its own game or a SF2 rehash. At least you can always go back to SF3.