Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

Hey,

I haven't played Street Fighter since Super (Yeah, not even Super Turbo) in the mid 90s, but I'm an avid Guilty Gear player. I've seen SF3 played, and from what I've seen, I don't like the direction it's taken.

It looks like SF4 is at least in part a return to the past, with virtually every SF2 character represented, but also a new and quite interesting looking game mechanics. it also looks like in the 10+ years I haven't played SF, the movelists really haven't changed much, just supers added, and a few tweaks here and there.

How are the game mechanics? I hear the focus attacks are pretty neat.

Any GG players here? Care to shed some light from that perspective?

Oh, one more question. Are there PS2->360 converters available? I've got an arcade stick for PS2 I've been using for Guilty Gear, and would like to use it for SF4 as well instead of shitty 360 d-pads.

I agree with the grapplers thing. Zangief is destroying me. On medium. I can't suck this badly.

It's not just you. Zangief is retarded. He beat me once just by grabbing. I literally could not get up. I hate how all of his throws are like a cut-scene.

If arcade on medium was so freakin' hard, I don't even want to bother with the hardest difficulty because I don't want to have to spend money on a new controller.

It's not just you. Zangief is retarded. He beat me once just by grabbing. I literally could not get up. I hate how all of his throws are like a cut-scene.

If arcade on medium was so freakin' hard, I don't even want to bother with the hardest difficulty because I don't want to have to spend money on a new controller.

Yea, this is exactly what I'm talking about, its all about the throw dynamics, You should be able to tech out of a 'special' throw or something.

God, I'm so bad at this game. Out of 30 matches, I've won 10 times. 90% of the matches have been against Ken/Ryu :\

I'm getting so frustrated which rarely happens when it comes to video games, lol.

Eh... Same. I know I'm shooting myself in my foot by playing Sakura and Dan almost exclusively with a few Giefs and Blanka if I want to be cheap. I love stuffing Ryu/Kens with a patient Sakura. Doesn't happen too often yet though.

Got the game today. Looking forward to trying it out. The two elements I'm most curious about right now is the training mode and the soundtrack. Hoping that the game packs a Soul Calibur IV-quality training mode in order for me to hone my skills. About the soundtrack, I'm wondering if the old characters/stages are remixes of the stuff from SFII or originals? Would be interesting to compare this OST with OCR's work in HD ReMix.

Someone sell me on this game. I just finally got ok at Street Fighter 2 after HD Remix came out and years of Guilty Gear snobbery. Why should I bother with 4 when 2 is a blast, prefer the HD Remix sprite style over the SF4 3D models, and SF2 HD Remix has a sweet ass OCR OST to go with it? I'm not being a troll, I feel legitimately tempted to get SF4 but SF2 HD Remix seems good enough from everything I've read. I never really played SF2 so SF2 HD Remix is basically just a brand new fighting game for me.

I was excited when i saw the SF4 trailers, but that didnt last long. i mean, sure, it's real cool that they're doing 3-D and all, and yeah, superb what they've done with Gouken, but really, ever since i learned about the name rearrangement of Balrog, M. Bison, and Vega, capcom has been on my shit list.

Not to mention i think the SF characters' stories are by far more interesting than another button mashing fighter experience.

anyone seen or played toribash? now THAT'S a fighting game.

However, if Capcom were to release a Street Fighter RPG with complete back stories and storylines for every character to tie them all together and explain their reasons for fighting, i would eat that right the hell up!