Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

I'm more impressed with the Cammy player by far. This video is a perfect example of why ultra combos should not have been included in the game.

agreed, Cammy is my main and i was impressed. I only recently started using her hooligan combos again. I have actually never fought any other Cammy online yet. Finally fought someone using El Fuerte and he owned me. I felt better though when i saw his rank. I would love to learn that character. He seems like alot of fun.

I dont mind the Ultras, they do turn the tides a bit much but i have to admit they have saved my but more than once. I like the Super Combos, they are the strongest when mixed in with a combo. They are more fun to pull off. If they got rid of Ultras, i would not care. It might actually help me.

I dont mind the Ultras, they do turn the tides a bit much but i have to admit they have saved my but more than once. I like the Super Combos, they are the strongest when mixed in with a combo. They are more fun to pull off. If they got rid of Ultras, i would not care. It might actually help me.

Besides them unfairly turning the tide of the battle much of the time I end up juggling around making mistakes trying to pull my ultra off whereas if I would just continue fighting on the same strategy I would win. I hate them.

What I don't like about Ultras is how their damage seems to vary from character to character, and their ability to be chained. Ken, Sagat, and Ryu? Awesome ultras. Fei Long? His ultra can't be comboed or chained to from ANYTHING except a focus attack, and even then you won't get the full attack. Guile's ultra is hard to pull off, difficult to position, and seems to do minimal damage. Meanwhile, Ken's is massive.

What I don't like about Ultras is how their damage seems to vary from character to character, and their ability to be chained. Ken, Sagat, and Ryu? Awesome ultras. Fei Long? His ultra can't be comboed or chained to from ANYTHING except a focus attack, and even then you won't get the full attack. Guile's ultra is hard to pull off, difficult to position, and seems to do minimal damage. Meanwhile, Ken's is massive.

Truth. Akuma's ultra also deals an obscene amount of damage. It's easy enough to avoid though.

I'm more impressed with the Cammy player by far. This video is a perfect example of why ultra combos should not have been included in the game.

I don't see why. Gen is the ONLY character who can combo the two (aside from dan but that's.. different) so its not as if anyone can just fill there meters and get an easy win cause they have ultra and super.

Truth, but i honestly like that each characters is different and unique - each has its own properties and is useful in certain situations and some are just simply better then others. Some are also really punishable.

Charge ultras are just hard in general, i have difficulty landing them precisely when i want to, so i tend to stay away from those kinds of characters.

I can't count the number of times I've intentionally taken damage with Zangief to get the ultra and literally blow someone away for 40-60% of there HP bar with an Ultra. I mean, I dont think its the best fighting system in the world, but I think its a neat concept, and I'm enjoying it - I think my least favorite thing about it is that it really enforces defensive playing, which tends to make things a bit dull, as soon as I see someone get an ultra, i tend to wait and see if they will try to blow it, or feint them into using it if i can.

I don't see why. Gen is the ONLY character who can combo the two (aside from dan but that's.. different) so its not as if anyone can just fill there meters and get an easy win cause they have ultra and super.

Well, it kinda is. What I meant was that the Cammy player obviously has better micro and a finer play strategy. The guy using Gen "Got lucky." if you will and landed ultras for both wins. Of course I mean "Got Lucky." as a figure of speech.

If you don't suck at the game, these things don't matter.

That's ridiculous and also not true. If you don't suck at the game you can still win despite these things. They still matter and they still change the aspect of fun. It's a great game and still fun even with the inclusion of ultra combos. I just think it would be more fun if they had excluded them or done something different and less complex for a revenge system.

Truth, but i honestly like that each characters is different and unique - each has its own properties and is useful in certain situations and some are just simply better then others. Some are also really punishable.

I think it's not great balance that some are "simply better" than others. Look at Sagat. He's SUCH a powerful character, and he has an extremely powerful ultra that is easy to combo into. Meanwhile, Guile's is bad. Guile is also not a very strong character. I just think that if you're going to have the ultras be so varied in power and usefulness (ie. Zangief's ultra is much more situational than, say, Ryu's) then at least have the courtesy to give the best ultras to the worst chars, not the other way around. Sagat doesn't need more power!

This is why I'm turned off to this game now. I haven't played it in a while. Guile was always my favorite, yet his moves feel so weak, and his ultra is so awkward to do.

That, and I get bored of playing nothing but Kens and Sagats online all the time.

I really hate it when Balrog defeats me. For some reason I just have myself convinced that he sucks and that I should never lose to him. Probably because he doesn't kick.

All the more sweeter victory becomes when I use him. :lol:

You can excuse Vega style and Gen's, but a "boxer" of all styles... :lol:

Then again I'm a fan of good ole boxing :)!!

Balrog is awesome because he just hits with SO much force. It seems like in just a handful of hits he can deal massive damage. Half of his moves break armor, meaning focus attacks or armored EX attacks are not much of a defense against him. His rushdown is brutal, especially considering he now has a rushing overhead. I think now that he has EX moves that go through fireballs, he's definitely a real force to be reckoned with... not that he wasn't before, but in ST, he was a pain largely because of that stupid headbutt grab.

I just went from 500-ish BP to 300. I'm getting owned completely. I haven't won a match since the day the game came out I think. I mostly use the shoto characters but have strayed into Cammy somewhat. All the people I ran into today were Akuma, Ryu and Sagat.

Try to film some matches... maybe we can help improve your game. The most common mistakes people make:

1. Throwing out long-recovery moves too often (Shoryuken, Shienkyaku, Flash Kick). Use these if you have a guaranteed reversal window or if you're chaining them from something else. Otherwise, if you just throw them out, they leave you open to massive damage.

2. Not blocking high enough. Don't crouch block all the time. Whenever ANYONE is jumping in on you, that's an overhead that has to be blocked "high" (ie. standing). 99% of the time, someone that jumps in on you will switch into a low hit, so crouch once you block that one overhead attack. This takes some practice for special moves since you have to learn which moves hit overhead and which don't.

3. Doing reversals too often. Don't throw a reversal out every time you're knocked down. Most people expect it and will just block, then hit you hard. It's also sometimes preferable to do jab/lk reversals if you're not sure whether the reversal would be safe, that way you have a shorter recovery.

4. Throwing out ultras too often. Ultras are flashy and do lots of damage, but a lot of people use them out of desperation or because they hope someone won't block. This usually doesn't work. Use an ultra when you KNOW it's going to hit - ie. Ryu's ultra when someone is falling out of the air, after you hit someone with a focus attack, during a stun, chained from a combo. Otherwise, you're just gonna do chip damage at best, and probably take a hell of a lot more (ie. someone else's ultra).