Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

Pure damage dealt per attack and damage taken aren't really that important if the character has a lot of tools.

he should be banned because he has a lot of tools

why get good with zangief when you could get good with a teleporting hyakuretsukyaku-ing sonic boom-ing arm-stretching multiple-shoryuken-ing version of zangief? oh wait I know because doing the latter would make you a cheap faggot

I recently started recording matches, and i have a Ryu vs My Zief. The Ryu is at about 2.5k BP. Im over 3k now, at about 3100 BP.

Honestly, i made a lot of mistakes, and i taunted him and almost lost because I got cocky :P But i will say - its a great fight, it could've went either way. Also shows how i play my Zief, extremely throw-heavy. Also, i need to learn how to record better :(

Nice matches, k-wix. If you're on XBL, are you up for a game sometime? I want to work on my Gief matchup (I play chun and gouken). Gamertag is MasterTenor.

More on topic, that match vid shows that the shoto juice kick (immediate air hurricane) is still a nice way to get around, especially since it clears some AA moves. What do shoto players think?

More on topic, that match vid shows that the shoto juice kick (immediate air hurricane) is still a nice way to get around, especially since it clears some AA moves. What do shoto players think?

It is a good way to get around you just have to be careful you can set yourself up for something nasty if your in the wrong spot,it can be a great air move too especially if they also jump 90% of the time it will contact them in midair.I'm much more of a Shoryuken Whore when it comes to shotos i almost never use hadoukens.I tend to use the ground hurricane kick often especially since it can go through projectiles.

I recently started recording matches, and i have a Ryu vs My Zief. The Ryu is at about 2.5k BP. Im over 3k now, at about 3100 BP.

Honestly, i made a lot of mistakes, and i taunted him and almost lost because I got cocky :P But i will say - its a great fight, it could've went either way. Also shows how i play my Zief, extremely throw-heavy. Also, i need to learn how to record better :(

I suppose you're jumping like a beast cause you can't get standing 360s out as often as you'd like? You gave the Ryu a lot of free damage. There is nothing scarier than a terminator trekking 'Gief that's for sure. Good fight.

I suppose you're jumping like a beast cause you can't get standing 360s out as often as you'd like? You gave the Ryu a lot of free damage. There is nothing scarier than a terminator trekking 'Gief that's for sure. Good fight.

Im pretty good at whipping a good 360 on the ground, really, the trick is realizing you only need to push 7 out of the 9 directions on the pad. I play Zangiefs jumping game way more then i should, honestly, For some reason i think its quick enough that i can make it! Honestly though - sometimes i do it purposefully with the intention of keeping them thinking that im going to jump in like an idiot. It's sort've a mind game i play, Once you jump up once or twice and let them hit you with a super move, they tend to expect it, and once i got them following that route, i can move in with something else and surprise them. Not that I'm defending my playing here, god i jump WAY to much.

But my point is made well by a guile fight i recorded this morning, i got 120 points from him, he was like 5300+ points.. and i beat him with my Zief, again its a super-close fight, but it really illustrates one of the things i like most about Zief, He carries such an intimidating presence that everyone just tries to play keep-away and abandons common character tactics in favor of anti-Zangief ones. He's SO focused on getting me to jump or move into his keepaway game that he really doesn't do anything other then sit. If he would've played more aggressively i think he would have won it.

<- here's the link.

You just gotta learn counters. If someone is spamming a move and beating you with it, you just gotta learn how to get around it. What character are you playing? Maybe I can help.

That's hardly the point at all. Yeah, it's possible to beat a spammer no problem.

But I want to have a good match, not a farce of a fight with some dumb retard.

Huh? Spamming a move is what any pro would do if the move is working. It's not like there is an "honorable" way to play Street Fighter. For example, if someone doesn't know how to deal with Hadouken spam, then you ought to use Hadouken spam and win. If you're on the receiving end, then you need to figure out a counter.

This.

I remember when some guy cried to me because I was playing Smash and kept doing the same move over and over because he kept wanting to roll into it. Why get fancy when you don't need to be to win?

my first ranked match online

opponent picks akuma

hadoken hadoken shakunetsu hadokenjumping hadoken jumping EX hadoken hadoken hadoken KO

oh man this is gonna be fun

Yeah, every Akuma player I've seen just spams fireballs, they tend to not be very talented. When that doesn't work for them, they are notoriously easy to beat.

Akuma is a beast, especially if you're new to the game.

Jump in and nick him and get out. His fireballs aren't as terrifying as they seem but if your jumping at random they're gonna' fuck you up. Make sure when you fight him there is sure reasoning in your jumping and he'll become much easier to deal with.

Huh? Spamming a move is what any pro would do if the move is working. It's not like there is an "honorable" way to play Street Fighter. For example, if someone doesn't know how to deal with Hadouken spam, then you ought to use Hadouken spam and win. If you're on the receiving end, then you need to figure out a counter.

Again, missing the point. You can beat the guy, but then you can also beat a puppy with a newspaper. How is that fun?

Also Global, that's totally fine if the person is dumb enough not to learn to guard for that move, but think how stupid it would be if you did the same move over and over and he still wails on you. You feel dumb and he probably feels an empty win.

Again, missing the point. You can beat the guy, but then you can also beat a puppy with a newspaper. How is that fun?

Also Global, that's totally fine if the person is dumb enough not to learn to guard for that move, but think how stupid it would be if you did the same move over and over and he still wails on you. You feel dumb and he probably feels an empty win.

Not at all. zircon is 100% right. In fact, I'll go a step further and say cheap wins are the funnest ones. They're the ones that make you laugh your ass off even if it is against a noob.