Street Fighter IV

ILLiterate

Right, but the problem with Fei is that you can't GET those unless you set up with a focus first. There's literally no way to set up the ultra otherwise.

And while I cry for Fei there are several characters whose only set up for ultra is FADCxxUltra. DJ was a Cammy player, hence my attention to that fact.

Ken's ultra has to hit point blank and Akuma's is pretty much avoidable unless someone skilled is using Akuma. You can combo Cammy's ultra into a grip of situations and has range. However you are playing a low stamina character so I can't really compare damage.

admittitly i walked into Kens Ultras a few times because i screwed up doing something else, but the damage was still insane. You're right about Akuma.

I finally broke out the SF4 controller i picked up. Going to give practice with it a while and see how it is.

I just played a Zangief mirror match in the second match of a Championship

And by mirror, I don't just mean we both picked Gief and went at it. I mean, he literally mirrored every moved I made. The whole thing was just us spinning, jumping, and taunting until time ran out.

I feel bad having won though. I hit him a couple times before I realized what was going on in the first round, but he never attacked me when I walked into him, so I guess it's all cool

Speaking of Fei, I've seen a really nasty Fei player on youtube just busting out those FADC combos. I find that many underrated characters are dubbed lower tiered if not played well. Shows how much tier trees are BS :)

Well, that's kind of the point. Low tier characters aren't low because their terrible necessarily, but because it's harder to be good with them. SF 4 is pretty balanced, but it's definitely easier to win with some characters as opposed to others.

While I don't know why you wouldn't dash in after any focus attack, several characters have the same problem, including Cammy. Chun, Cammy, Rog, and Fei all juggle the target if you don't dash in. Other characters miss hits but still land the ultra, like Sagat and Bison. Any character with a cut scene off the first hit are given the full ultra (Honda, Sakura, Fuerte etc.) Cammy DOES land her ultra after a jump in, however, unlike fei who juggles unless they hit the ground completely.

While I don't know why you wouldn't dash in after any focus attack, several characters have the same problem, including Cammy. Chun, Cammy, Rog, and Fei all juggle the target if you don't dash in. Other characters miss hits but still land the ultra, like Sagat and Bison. Any character with a cut scene off the first hit are given the full ultra (Honda, Sakura, Fuerte etc.) Cammy DOES land her ultra after a jump in, however, unlike fei who juggles unless they hit the ground completely.

The problem isn't having to dash after a focus attack: FADC means something else entirely.

Also, Rog (especially) and Chun have NO disadvantages to their ultras compared to Fei/Cammy. As a Chun main, I know she has a load of ways to setup her ultra easily (EX Legs --> Ultra is easiest), and can punish a whiffed move from full screen. Rog's setups are even easier.

Fei/Cammy can ONLY combo into ultra from a Focus Attack that stuns, and they can't get the full ultra animation if the first hit connects while the opponent is in midair. :(

Edit: Cammy can land hers off of a jumpin. It still sucks compared to the rest of the cast.

I'm pretty sure Cammy can land her ultra off a standard FA or even after an opponent's jumpin. Fei sucks :(

Cammy can get it after a jump in but you dont get the full damage. Or maybe i am not hitting it right. I havent successfully mixed it into a combo either. Fei's is harder to pull off.

Gentlemen.

I finally got around to setting up my Xbox Live account under the name H Gorge. It's from my NS days, everything else was taken, get off my back.

Now that that's out of the way, I'd really like to play this game in a community: It seems like the only thing this game is missing. Hit me up for a match. Usually play Boxer, but I'm trying to pick up Gen.

Oh, and don't feel bad if you don't know who the hell I am.

The problem isn't having to dash after a focus attack: FADC means something else entirely.

Also, Rog (especially) and Chun have NO disadvantages to their ultras compared to Fei/Cammy. As a Chun main, I know she has a load of ways to setup her ultra easily (EX Legs --> Ultra is easiest), and can punish a whiffed move from full screen. Rog's setups are even easier.

Fei/Cammy can ONLY combo into ultra from a Focus Attack that stuns, and they can't get the full ultra animation if the first hit connects while the opponent is in midair. :(

Edit: Cammy can land hers off of a jumpin. It still sucks compared to the rest of the cast.

So let's debate semantics. A "standard FA" is what? level 1? Or crumple. If it is crumple then my analysis applies. If you don't dash into a crumple you miss the boat on 100% ultra effectiveness. If we're talking level 1 I don't think you can combo that into anything more than a jab/short as it lacks hit stun to chain anything with a larger start up rate.

As far as I have seen in lord knows how many videos, Rog has Headbutt to ultra and that's it. He can punish fireballs too but that isn't a setup so much as a bait.

Cammy hit's ultra after any juggle, FA or off a jump in. It does decent chip and goes under Sagat's high tiger shots. Vega and Guile, they have MUCH worse ultras with even less setup than Cammy. For all those reasons above, her ultra is no where near crap compared to the rest of the cast.

If you don't dash into a crumple you miss the boat on 100% ultra effectiveness.

Fei doesn't get his full Ultra off a crumple though, FYI, or if he does it has severely mitigated damage. His Ultra sucks. At least Vega can punish ANYONE jumping with his Ultra, as can Guile. Fei... nothing. Please don't defend him. I played him a lot and he's nerfed in every way possible. He could be so much better, but he isn't, for no good reason.

Fei does get it off a crumple if you dash in. I'm doing it right now. Everyone's ultra has diminished damage if you land it after a FA since the FA is part of the combo. Complaining about Fei's ultra is one thing, but the mechanic is in every other character. I'm not defending him, since I think he blows, just merely stating that your particular beef with his ultra is one all characters have.

EDIT: Just did it with attack data up. If you do a full revenge meter ultra with Fei, it hits for 495 damage at 12 hits. With the addition of a level 3 focus, he does 485 damage for 13 hits. The damage reduction is negligible.

• 3 weeks later...

So i attended a small lil tourney with a friend. Some one he met in college was holding it and had 2 spots left so we jumped in. it was $20 a person there was 20-24 people. There was a bunch of preliminary matches which they used to place you and determine byes. I dont remember exactly how it worked. I didnt do so well and switched between Ryu and Cammy. I was doing alot better with Ryu but i figured i was going to be knocked out first round anyway so i choose Cammy when the whole thing started. I actually did pretty well. I beat a, Sagat, Ken and El Furte before being knocked out by a Blanka Player.

After this experience, i learned that El Fuerte was awesome. I have been practicing with him since. Prob one of the most fun characters i ever played.