New album release - 'The World Circuit'!

zircon

Hey all! I'm pleased to announce the digital release of my new album, "The World Circuit". This album is not a full-length release like Antigravity or Impulse Prime, but rather more of an EP. It was originally written for use in media licensing, but I decided to make a slimmed-down version available to the public. The description, from my website & CD Baby:

Ever thought about how cool it would be if that breakbeat tune you just heard had a Japanese taiko breakdown? How about some slick drum n' bass rhythms in a samba? Gregorian choirs plus granular synthesis? A bit of Persian bouzouki in your smooth jazz? Maybe you haven't, but you're about to hear what it's like!

Welcome to THE WORLD CIRCUIT...

This EP-length album consists of eight songs that explore sounds, melodies, and harmonies from around the world and fuse them with modern electronic elements like synth basses, sweeps, blips, pads, and drum machines. Close your eyes and imagine exploring an ancient South American ruins in "Enter the Temple". Feel the cool breeze as the pulse of "Drum and Bossa" gets your foot tapping. Or envision a multi-million dollar movie car chase to the tune of the bombastic "Bazaar". From the rainforests of Africa to Eastern Europe, the Far East, India, and more... this album is an ethnotronic adventure you've gotta check out.

It is available EXCLUSIVELY in digital format - WAV through my own site or MP3 through CD Baby. The list price is $7.99, though it IS part of the $5 CD Baby sale, which means you only pay $5 for the DRM-free MP3 version provided you pick up another 2 CDs @ $5. You CAN get the physical or digital copy of Antigravity as part of this sale, as well as sgx's Better Than Sliced Beats!

Worth noting... people on my mailing list got a special offer for this album; not only did they get to hear previews sooner AND obtain it before the official release, but I also took a cue from Radiohead. You could pay nothing for it, a minimum of $1.30 through Paypal, the list price, or really anything in between. So really, any of y'all who aren't on my mailing list, you definitely should sign up so you don't miss killer deals like this in the future. :) Just send an email with the subject "Subscribe" to list (at) zirconstudios (dot) com.

Anyway, this is probably the most varied release I've done and the early reception from people on my list has been very good. If you like my remixes, my original music, or ethnic music in general, then I think you'll be interested.

>>> CHECK IT OUT HERE! <<<

Thanks in advance, and ENJOY!!

Thanks for the comments all. :)

I know it's a bit short... the actual 'licensing' version is *41* tracks with a base of 11 songs (plus 3 vocal edits by Jill, which will be featured on HER album, and I didn't want to gank them from her.)

I'll be working on a new 'real' album soon, maybe for a late '08 early '09 release. Depends on my free time... plus I still have a lot of copies of Antigravity left, and I feel I should be promoting that more :I

Bah, I hate it when releases are strictly digital. I can't bring myself to PAY for anything and not get a hard copy, aside from Virtual Console and/or XBLA releases. I CAN'T DO IT MAN.

Same here, although getting a full quality WAV version isn't that bad.

Any chance of this EP getting a physical CD (or CD-R) release in the future?

I'm glad people are enjoying it!

Of course, since posting this I have received absolutely 0 sales. I suppose most people that would be interested are on my mailing list, anyway ;)

I would have gotten it if I had found a 3rd album on the $5 list worth my money. I don't especially feel like taking a risk with an album by someone I've never heard of.

Honestly, I get enough download sales that I'm not even 100% sure on doing future full albums as physical... or if I do, I might do them as digipaks rather than standard hard copies. The manufacturing fees are just insane. Combined with distribution fees, I usually get only a little over 1/2 the list price, whereas with a download I'm getting 90% or more. Plus with physical, the only way to get even a decent deal (eg. $2 per CD or less) is to print a LOT of copies - like 500-1000 or more - and I'm not able to move that many. We'll see. Maybe I'll take a poll sometime :)

As for this one, it's short enough that I think a physical run is not gonna be realistic - again, manufacturing costs are just prohibitive.. in response to Outspoken's question, yes, it will be on iTunes. It'll be the standard $10 which I have no control over (if it were up to me, I'd have it at $7 or so).

I do remind everyone that IF you get the digital ver from my own site, or you get it from CD Baby's MP3 service, and you need another copy, just let me know. My download system is lenient. I'll never screw anyone over.

You've me beat, wouldn't throw money at a digital download usually, but having heard Antigravity's "Breathing you in" and seeing the five five five deal I was in a scramble to grab up the downloads. Good tunes for all around travel. Thanks for your efforts!

Very nice. Somehow missed this earlier, and just got done listening to the samples; very impressive! I'll be getting home in not too long, and then I'm absolutely getting this.

By the way, I'd consider buying again if you were to come out with a physical cd for this (I'm a sucker for great music and physical media :-P).