OCR00842 - Breath of Fire "Save Your Game (Club Mix 2002)"

Ginnsu

Breath of Fire 'Save Your Game (Club Mix 2002)'

While this is a supremely excellent piece of trance work, and might be Ghetto Lee Lewis' best work, I find myself getting continually more bored with the trance work submitted to this site. If you're into this kind of thing, then this is definitely for you. I myself prefer Ghetto's last song that was posted: Panic at Camp Crystal. As for this mix? A little too repetitive, the style of samples used, are way over used in my opinion, and there is a lack of experimentation. Nevertheless, I'm sure a lot of work went in to this piece, and it is excellent trance. Great work, Ghetto Lee Lewis.

I personally am addicted to good trance, and this has become one of my new favorites! It has a great variety of synth pads, builds on the best parts of the original song and doesn't sound too similar, has a nice variety of effects, and has a great melody. Oh, and when I hit the fake ending, I was just about to restart the song from the beginning when I noticed it wasn't quite over.

The main (and only) criticism I have against this piece is that its drums are a bit steriotypical and unvaried, though at least they aren't ever-present.

Great job by Ghetto Lee Lewis. =D

This is pretty good stuff. Ghetto Lee Lewis knows how to make trance. Pretty much everything is everything is very solid except for the somewhat boring and weak-sounding drums.

I think this mix's biggest weakness is how much it sounds like other trance. Nothing surprised me, intrigued me, or made me think (except for the surprise ending). The main lead synth I've heard a bunch of times already, particularly the lead synth sound. I've heard this already in another BOF mix: FFMusicDJ's Sad Melody Mix. One last nitpicking thing: there seems to be some reverb over the whole song that is kinda bothering me. Just makes everything sound a bit weaker when it should be kickin'. No biggie though.

Overall: This is very competent and I recommend it if you don't mind hearing sounds you've heard before in other trance mixes. If it took more chances, mixed things up a little more, and made me think, it would be a bunch better. Lookin forward to the next mix by Ghetto Lee Lewis.

When I opened this file on winamp I already knew it was a giant killer. Simply cuz Ghetto Lee Lewis made it. "Teach me how to rave" was great too. But this one has enough changes through the whole song that its not repetitive enough to make you bored. Theirs always some litte spot that you didn't hear last time I love this remix. 8O

I agree that the drums are a little weak in this mix. Other than that it's really good, solid trance. But that's kind of a downer too. There isn't much originality that separates it from "just another trance mix". Like SuperGreenX said, I've heard this lead synth so many times before that I'd like to hear someone try to do trance without it for once. It's a good trance, don't get me wrong, but it seems a little generic for its genre. That aside, my favorite part starts around the transition at 2:23. I liked the cut into the softer rhythm.

Overall, though, a good piece, and one I'd recommend to someone to download if they enjoy trance.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

When it first started, it sounded professional remixed, but then again, it maybe was because of that well used synth. Anyway, the mix was good, but I felt that the mix´s real starting point was at 3:00, when it got some more trance into the trance. I couldn´t always understand what that creepy voice was saying sometimes, but in the end, it was finished well by putting some more power into it. This was a swell BOF from GLL, those who like trance should really download it,...NOW. :x

• 1 year later...

Quality synths, but way too generic melodically for my tastes. The drums lacked punch, but had well programmed fills, and the beat overall was nice. The computer voice was not overused, which is rare for mixes, so the restraint shown was refreshing.

Not one for my playlist, but the quality is apparent in the craftsmanship of the track.

• 1 year later...

I personally like the track, and think it's good. From what the other reviews are saying, this is a pretty good trance track as it is, and I'm inclined to agree with that (having not much experiance in the area). GLL does some good work with the theme, which remains recognizable, but set in a totally new style that is a far cry from what it originally is. Nice work here.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I remember hearing various WIPs of this I *think* on VGMix 2. It certainly improved since those various WIPs there.

One thing I always had a problem with though was that I don't really recognize the source material here. The sound also seems a bit thin overall in that I feel like there should maybe something else going on in the background to keep things more spiced up. Otherwise, this isn't too shabby, the things in place are solid.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00842 - Breath of Fire "Save Your Game (Club Mix 2002)"