G-T : New Website Photography DJ Stuff Etc

Global-Trance

I've been around these boards since 2002 but I've never done any OCReMixes or anything so I'm still kind of a nobody here so I guess I'll just go ahead and do some sort of re-introduction.

Besides building the DooM Remix Project site, I'm one of the very few actual DJs (progressive/house/trance) on this site and also a silent talent scout for the club scene. Through my connections I've gotten our very own bLiNd to be recognized by international DJ Ferry Corsten and even had one of his original works featured on his radio show several times. With that said, I just wanted to share with you guys a website I've built for myself that's going to be a mix between a blog, a portfolio, a resume, and a collection of DJ sets I mix every so often. I don't know where else I could share this but Zircon said it was fine here. Feel free to visit and comment/email (or not) if you're curious what I do when I'm not too busy spouting my mouth off in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl thread or playing countless hours of video games.

*shrug*

http://g-t.dew-owns-it.com

I'd have an easier domain to remember, but my friend is giving me a lot of free webspace. Oh well. Hope someone enjoys it.

Oh yea, the site is hardly fun if you have images turned off.

Your stuff isn't bad at all. You capture moments very well, those swimmer photographs are particularly nice.

What kind of equipment do you use?

Nice photography. In addition the equipment question ^ I'm curious as to what type of post-processing was done on the model photos to get that perfectly creamy skin.

Camera Equipment

Camera Body: Canon EOS 20D (Discontinued Model)

External Flash: Canon Speedlite 580EX

Lenses: Canon EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-F5.6, Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L USM, Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

As for the post-processing, I use a technique in Photoshop that begins with using the Spot Healing Brush to eliminate very obvious blemishes then use a Gaussian Blur (between 2-8 pixels, usually 4... just experiment here). In the history panel, I backtrack it up one step, but click the box next to the Gaussian Blur spot which puts the Gaussian Blur into the History Brush tool. You can use this to smooth out some wrinkles and what not. After all is said and done you can get more fancy by duplicating layers if you want and then apply certain blend modes with different opacity settings to your liking. It's very easy but can be time consuming if you want to try to be perfect.

Oh um if you guys find any glaring errors on the site, let me know because I've heard of one person pointing out some things but it was just mostly nitpicking. Despite that I still want to eliminate any errors when possible. Thanks.

As for the post-processing, I use a technique in Photoshop that begins with using the Spot Healing Brush to eliminate very obvious blemishes then use a Gaussian Blur (between 2-8 pixels, usually 4... just experiment here). In the history panel, I backtrack it up one step, but click the box next to the Gaussian Blur spot which puts the Gaussian Blur into the History Brush tool. You can use this to smooth out some wrinkles and what not.

Cool, so wrinkles get smoothed by a sort of spot Gaussian blur. I’ll have to try that sometime. Sounds like the same thing could be accomplished by using a quick mask to select the wrinkles, and then applying the Gaussian blur.

Camera Equipment

Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

Nice

Oh um if you guys find any glaring errors on the site, let me know

It’s nitpicky, and maybe not an error at all since it’s a title, but “Proletariat” is spelled incorrectly in your resume.

Cool, so wrinkles get smoothed by a sort of spot Gaussian blur. I’ll have to try that sometime. Sounds like the same thing could be accomplished by using a quick mask to select the wrinkles, and then applying the Gaussian blur.

Nice

It’s nitpicky, and maybe not an error at all since it’s a title, but “Proletariat” is spelled incorrectly in your resume.

Oops. I don't know how that got by me. Thanks pointing out that typo!

Hot site, works great, I like it. splash2.jpg is awesome. Any more of that by any chance?

The picture in the "DJing" looks odd to me. I changed the border to black and to the background gray and I just couldn't get it right. I don't think the border is the problem for me, it's the warm colors vs the cool colors between the sunset header and the_gathering.

Maybe you could have the sunset change too. Like for DJing, replace the sunset with an outdoor picture of city nightlife to match the_gathering. Have the header pictures fit a general "outdoorsy" theme and keep the other pictures inside the borders the way they are. Just throwin some ideas out there.

Looking at the "about me" section... is there anything you don't do?

Hot site, works great, I like it. splash2.jpg is awesome. Any more of that by any chance?

The picture in the "DJing" looks odd to me. I changed the border to black and to the background gray and I just couldn't get it right. I don't think the border is the problem for me, it's the warm colors vs the cool colors between the sunset header and the_gathering.

Maybe you could have the sunset change too. Like for DJing, replace the sunset with an outdoor picture of city nightlife to match the_gathering. Have the header pictures fit a general "outdoorsy" theme and keep the other pictures inside the borders the way they are. Just throwin some ideas out there.

Looking at the "about me" section... is there anything you don't do?

I kinda like the contrast the two images provide. Also kinda want a consistent banner/header at the top with each page... that or I'm lazy lol.

And what don't I do? I don't make OCReMixes (yet?) that's for sure.