Project request - Christmas!

Galant

Hi guys, this would be my first post - so hello. Been a fan of the site for a while, and when listening to a few tracks tonight it occurred to me that perhaps what captivates me about video game music (and I'm an 80's early 90's guy - SNES, Megadrive, Saturn, Amiga etc.) is that the greatest pieces created an atmosphere so well. The music added a somewhat indefinable but wholly wondrous element to the game, drawing you into another world. It captured emotion, setting and transported you elsewhere. Now I've also been thinking of Christmas lately too -since having moved back to England from the USA I have to think ahead to send stuff to my family - and it struck me that the Christmas season does something similar. It captures an essence, a feeling, which I think most can relate to. "So," I thought, "how cool would it be to have the OC Remix guys put together a Christmas album!" Maybe it's just me but video game Christmas themes exist, (not to mention Christmases as a kid unwrapping new video games), but also the snowy scened parts of games always seemed so capitivating to me.

Anyway, that's it, I wondered if anyone thought there might be merit to the idea of putting together a Christmas/winter collection?

Anyone?

Merry Christmas! :)

Wow, I came in here to post this same idea, only to find someone had already requested it.

I don't think this would be to hard, you still pick whatever game you want, but now its a style that fits. I'm always looking for new (good) music to listen to around Christimas, and usually there are a few new Christman related ones on OLR or something, but it would be AWESOMEAWESOME AWESOME if someone made a project full of music for it.

WE BEG OF THE MIXERS