OCR01634 - Final Fantasy VII "Daydreaming Again"

djpretzel

I myself made out to this mix

1) Most nerdy comment ever

2) Did your hand like the song as well? OHH

3) This is one of those mixes that can be played for just about any non-gamer and they'll have no idea it came from a video game. So soft, so soothing.... =P

4) Okay fine, I've made out to video game music too.

The first time I listened to the project, it was pretty clear it was full of rockin', kickass mixes, but this is the first one I heard that made me stop what I was doing and really listen. Beautiful playing and production, and a very tasteful arrangement. Despite all of the stellar tracks on the project this one is easily my favorite.

Fantastic work, PH.

I'm so glad to see this mix made it onto OCR proper. Excellent work sir!

Admittedly, when I first heard Daydreaming Again, I was disappointed with how it seemed to constantly skirt but rarely actually play the original Fireworks melody. But after a couple more listens, the improvisation just sounded so much more appropriate, so much more calmly fluid and serenely touching. Now this song is one that I frequently put on before going to sleep. And trust me, that is far from an insult, but instead a high honor. For I am extremely picky about what music I play to relax myself into that blissfully unconscious state.

May we hear more of this excellent caliber from you, Mr. Transposed Hot Pocket!

1) Most nerdy comment ever

2) Did your hand like the song as well? OHH

3) This is one of those mixes that can be played for just about any non-gamer and they'll have no idea it came from a video game. So soft, so soothing.... =P

4) Okay fine, I've made out to video game music too.

While you might of been bashing i am setting up an OCR CD set for entertaining guests this winter as we show off our new house. This is going to be added to that list just the tone i am looking to set with the music. up to 3 CD's and 45 songs.

That being said this is an incredible piece of work i have not heard anything like this in a while. Fishermans Revelation comes close but this is one sweet piece of music. I wish there was another minute or so on it though.

• 1 year later...

Always nice to get a breather from the synth-screams and infernal shreddage that is so commonplace here on the site.

Emotive stuff is downplayed somewhat, but I find that it's the kind of music I listen to most. Probably because it's mood adaptive. Which I think is a great description of this piece (if I do say so myself). This can act as the soundtrack to a first born entering the family, reminiscing back to childhood, or recovering from a breakup. It's not that it is ambiguous, but covers all the bases so that you don't have to.

Most of the success of this mix is the performance, which is so stellar, there really is a sense of anticipation on every pick of the string. The arrangement is a giant plus as well. Very solid stuff. Perhaps even more than solid. Perhaps transcendant of physicality itself.

I'll be listening to this for a long while to come.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01634 - Final Fantasy VII "Daydreaming Again"