OCR00844 - Fury of the Furries "Swimming Furries"

Ginnsu

Fury of the Furries 'Swimming Furries'

The lead synth in this song owns me, as do the sound effects in this piece. The bass instrument sounds a little on the loud side, as if everything else is in the background and it is in front of, but that doesn't much hinder the song. I wish the drums had a little more to them, but the other instruments certainly make up for their lack of playfulness. Great mix, Cyborg Jeff.

Wow. This was a nice, unpredictable, and very fun mix. I'm not a huge fan of techno, as I've probably said millions of times, but this is just cool. Never played the game, but I love the voice samples, the numerous pitch bends, and the tons of interesting things that happen throughout this remix. Very well arranged and fun stuff from Cyborg Jeff. I hope it isn't overlooked just because most people haven't heard of the game...

This is a very sweet tune. It really reminds me of Genesis Sonic music. I don't know what the source music was like, but assuming that the original sounded like a Sonic tune (you know that cool Genesis sound), this mix upgrades the synth quality and makes it more listenable while retaining the charm and feel of the original sounds. (I really hope that was understandable)

This is very well put together, and everything done here is done tastefully. The ending is interesting, but a little abrupt. This is some super good stuff right here. Check it out if you're yearning for a little Sonic but not Sonic musical goodness.

Excellent. Nice tunage and good sound. People who like a little-known thing called "melody", which is not very popular these days, should download this now. Melody takes serious skill in my opinion. I wouldn't consider this techno at all, but I do consider it great music. Anyone can crank out a repetitive techno theme, but try to make notes blend together, match, and flow. Much harder than copy-pasting a drum track and a few instruments over and over again.

I can listen to this again and again and I never get tired of it. It just makes me want to listen again. Enjoyable!

Yes, this is a perfect example of funky melody/beats that is hardly memorable, but that's what makes it great! You listen to it once, think it's great, and about an hour later you totally forget how the tune went but you remember how sweet it sounded. You listen to it again, and it becomes even better.

Yes that's kinda vague but it suits the song well, along with my own feelings which are forgotten right now because I haven't listened to it since yesterday and I need to fill my brain again!

Or for layman's terms it doesn't sound repetitive at all, hence the forgetfulness of the tune.

This also shares my thoughts well:

. . . but I do consider it great music . . . I can listen to this again and again and I never get tired of it. It just makes me want to listen again. Enjoyable!

Damn you cyborg jeff, another great remix made from this game, you're going to make me take some more time that i should be doing homework, and checking out what's inspiring you. Really, this is a textbook example of what makes a good remix. Smooth, acually has a melody, and yet, so much more at the same time. Great job :)

I always loved the original mods that accompanied the Amiga version and the 1st remix Cyborg Jeff of Furry of the Furries wowed me, it had the same up-beat quality (that I like to hear in Gamemusic) as the original. I never imagined someone would actually cover these great tunes but you could hear CJ must have had a lot of fun making this one...that Mp3 is a regular in my vast collection and I was very happy he made another one...also a regular now :)

This one a bit is more trancy, but still faithfull to the original with some exellent use of in game soundeffects and some cool synths...too bad the ending is a bit abrubt...great stuff CJ..hope you'll find some more time and treat us with more furry of the furries goodness! :D

Aye this is a nice remix. Funny, I like 'mod' type music whereas in non digital music I favour rock and classical music.

I love the effects, and the way they somehow fit. Yeah.. this is a nice remix. The tune of the forest was just the coolest in the game, and as this is a remix I won't take that into account. Great job!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is what i'd call a really good retro mix. It calls to mind the chiptune originals but with enhanced sounds. SGX is pretty on target with comparing it to sonic music, this sounds like a nuclear-powered genesis kickin out some jams. Nice balance throughout and some cool counterpoint ideas; the sound effects are whatever, but they don't detract.

It seems to repeat a little much, i think taking 1 minute off of the mix total wouldn't have hurt it, but it's still enjoyable without becoming annoying.

Pretty good work.

ps. lolfurries

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

There is really a game called "Fury of the Furries"? I am floored by this.

That aside, this mix is all kinds of awesome. Great melody, cool effects. Nice bassline, cool distortion. Lots of good things going on. I think the sound effects are a bit annoying, but I'm willing to put that aside for the fun of this mix.

Fun stuff.

PS: Lolfurries

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/17/2002 at 11:20 PM, sgx said:

It really reminds me of Genesis Sonic music. I don't know what the source music was like, but assuming that the original sounded like a Sonic tune (you know that cool Genesis sound), this mix upgrades the synth quality and makes it more listenable while retaining the charm and feel of the original sounds. (I really hope that was understandable)

Yeah, I hear it too.  And for some reason it makes me want to listen to Plok - Beach.  This remix makes me wonder what Plok would have sounded like on the Genesis.  Then again, the composers of Plok probably would have found some kind of weird way to twist the Genesis sounds into something less Genesis sounding yet still awesome.  Anyway... all great stuff, love the remix!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00844 - Fury of the Furries "Swimming Furries"