[Competition] OCR TETЯIS TOURNAMENT

kamoh

камрады, здравствулте!!

OVERCLOCKED REMIX

TETЯIS TOURNAMENT

В советской России, Тетрисиграют вас!

Tetrominoes.png

lol, I'm surprised I got the reverse-R to work there...anyways, we've had a lot of tournaments in the past, including lots of Chess, some Tetris Attack, Street Fighter, etc etc. But this is the game that really got people INTO gaming, at least a lot of casual fans. I can't imagine anyone hating Tetris (I mean, aside from the severe psychological damage that invariably results), so I'd love to get a serious tournament going, and we'll start it now:

YOU WILL NEED:

ZSNES 1.42: http://www.zsnes.com/index.php?page=files

Hamachi 1.0.2.3: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp

Super Tetris 3.smc: http://www.google.com/

AOL Instant Messenger: http://www.aim.com/

An OCR Forums Account.

To join, post your AIM screen name in this thread by Monday, November 5th @ 11:59 pm (EST). If you play without submitting an AIM SN, your results will be ignored.

FORMAT:

LEAGUE PHASE

Lasts until Monday, November 12th @ 11:59 pm (EST).

Play THREE "best-3/5" matches vs. each opponent.

The Top 4 players advance to the Bracket Phase (this number may be increased).

BRACKET PHASE

The bracket will be posted on the day after the League phase ends, and will be first-to-win-three-matches.

PLAYING TETRIS:

Log on to Hamachi, join the network "OCR Tetris" with password "ocr" (case sensitive on both). Use the IP they give you to start netplay with an opponent.

In the Super Tetris 3 rom, open a 2-Player, Classic Tetris game, at Level 0.

Play THREE "best-3/5" matches with your opponent (that means between 9 and 15 rounds). All three matches will count in the standings, so even if one person wins matches one and two, you must play match three.

Post the results of all three matches in this thread, in a clear fashion.

Good luck, Have Fun, and 134340!

This is sad. C'MON PEOPLE, GET IN ON THIS. IT Я GOOD SHITZ.

BTW, good game mang. Ya gotta slow down, you end up screwing yourself over if you go too fast.

i liked spartominoes.

THIS....IS....

[][] [][] [][][] [][][]
[] [][] [][][] [] [] [][][]
[][] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] !!!!!

300g.jpg

Koi beat me 2-1. The last few games were really back-and-forth with "TETRIS" being shouted constantly by annoying Japanese people.

Ultimately, it probably won't matter, but do you have scores for that match?

Mine was:

Koi 3-0, Steve 3-2, Koi 3-1.

kewl, thanks guys. I think it'll be the six of us, so we should probably just play all matches and then I think that the highest two will do a best of 5.

I'm a little mad that this got moved, but with only six of us and the deadline in 90 minutes, I'm not too upset.

I beat steve-o 3-0

first game, we were pretty even for the most part, but I narrowly came out on top 3-2.

by the second game, I'd already hit my stride and beat him 3-0

third game pretty much the same, except for one where he got lucky (I managed to survive pretty well though with a full field). 3-1.

gg

Cruise Control says he's bowed out...here's how I percieve the standings:

Koi (4-2)

dP (3-3)

Solo (3-0)

me (2-7)

keegz (0-0)

I set the deadline at Monday night (veterans day should help), but it's cool if we want to finish round robin - Keegan's probably hit a busy spot of time so I'm not worried.

Solo and I played a shitload of matches of a game I love called "Super Rugby." It's a simplified (but still complex) and fun version of Rugby Union, I played as two of the worst teams and he played as three of the best (gives me a challenge and lets him learn well) and he actually beat me in one game (it was only 6-3 and so I came back to beat him by double-digit margins).

Koi, we played, and I promise I'll explain the game to you one day.