OCR00848 - Mega Man 2 "Metal Man Goes Clubbing"

Disco Dan

Don't worry Dan, I wasn't busting on you. If anything, I was noting how it was an odd coincidence that both remixes started the same way. And yes, if you listen to all of AE's remixes they all follow the exact same structure. I had noticed that a while back. THIS n00b has a damn fine ear, so don't mess! :wink:

Hey hey,

I actually remember showing the beginning of the mix to DiscoDan a long time ago(I don't know if he remembers), and he told me that his mix started pretty much the same way. There's absolutely no chance that either mix had anything to do with each other. The only time when a mix of the same song actually had an effect on another was Bubbleman. I heard his mix, and figured that I didn't want to go the same route as he did. That's a huge reason why my Bubbleman mix is so strange, per se.

As for the song structure, DD's pointed it out before :-P If you hear the later mixes, they tend to break the structure a bit. Metalman actually plays the normal song twice, then breaks down to 2 different breakdown parts, which was different than both of the previous mixes. I could explain all this cheesy crap, but I'm not going to. They are all good mixes of the great music made by whoever made the megaman music(I'm actually going to look in the credits, because I'm always told I'm wrong); so, enjoy this free shit while you can!!!

I'm out.

Æ

• 2 months later...

A huge improvement from his first Super Mario Paint Remix, Dan kicks the door down, and assaults you with his musical bullets of trance. A great mix with great sweep pads, some well layered trance stuff.

Dan, what on Earth is that vibraphone sound used in the second part of the melody? It stands out nicely in this remix. Fun, party hoppin' stuff from Dr. Disco Dan. Give it up, y'all!

• 1 month later...

This remix demonstrates how things are done around here. This is, for lack of a better word, perfect. It took a song that was already super catchy, and gave it more depth than I could have ever imagined. If Megaman 2 was released today, this is what Metalman's level would have sounded like.

The best thing about this song is that if it was played in a club, it would be easy to dance to this. I just can't say enough about this song! I wish I was more versed in music and song terms, so I could better describe the song, but the best I can say is that this is the best remix on the entire site, hands down. Great job Dan! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Great stuff. I prefer this one over "Stainless Steel" since, like someone has already said, this rocks throughout, whereas only the first part of AE's mix has my respectr. But that's irrelevant when this mix is so F'in AWESOME! Slow to start (But what trance isn't), building, and finally coming to an awesome climax at the end. The samples are appealing, and it uses many variations on the same theme without getting boring. this comes highly recommended.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...now THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call 'breathtaking.' The song is absolutely superb, from its on-the-mark conversion of the famous intro, to the soaring and darklit finale that utterly completes this excellent magnum opus of Disco Dan.

A trance beat set to the original sound of Metal Man's stage provides not just a great, albeit overlooked idea, but also gives fodder for the idea that such work could very well do well in the mainstream -- released, for instance, on an album or other collection.

Disco Dan is an absolute genius.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's all said before, but I just want to let you know why I prefer Dan's mix over all the other metalman remixes.

The original stage music of metalman has some sort of flow in the music which makes listening to it very addictive.

Although the other remixes with metal guitars were refreshing, they could not create the flow that was present in the original.

Dan is IMO the first to create this by his excellent baseline and care of details, he was also able to create more variety in his remix.

All in all, just a excellent piece of remixing! Let's hope Dan continues making remixes, because he is doing a damn fine job at it!

• 1 month later...

it's been a while since i've been to this site...i just happened to catch the thread reviewing disco dan's 'green amnesia' on the home page...i downloaded that song and i am just systematically downloading all of this guy's songs.

this is hands down the best rendition of metal man's theme i have ever heard. being a techno fan, i really enjoyed this song. keep up the excellent work.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I really enjoyed listening to your Remix, Disco Dan. Oh, how incredulous technology is today...especially when you can match a great beat to a really popular tune! The club mix (what was it you used? A TR-808?) was a perfectly great match to Metalman's track! I downloaded (and saved!) this file and it has been working wonders when I want to get away from it all. It was well-suited to a club remastery, and I listened to it so often it rocks (or should I say, it Rockman and Rolled?!)

You totallyRockman and Roll!

Flashdance

I wish he'd do another just as awestriking.:nicework:

PS> If only you could pull off the same great quality of music from your other favorite videogames...:nicework:

• 6 months later...

A techno song that is obviously carried by the (source) tune and the (source) tune only, which itself fits the style well, being all vivid. This does not help the tune from being sub-par in terms of originality, but for techno this is of course not required. The long and short of it is: it is not a particular interesting remix in any respect, but ok for hearing once- or more often iff you like techno.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

To me this one feels like a "remix of a remix", in this case, an excellent remix of AE's already stellar take on the Metalman theme.

Don't ask me to choose who I like best... I'd fall over in my chair if either Disco or AE decided to remix The Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, or Transformers themes (only one is in a video game, and it's not the one you'd expect!)

Although I play this one a bit more (not including how I replay it in my head at work -- you'd be surprised how Metalman's theme flows with moving freight), I really like them both.

-- Cybertronian.

(Absolutely, positively wanting a remix of the Mega Man 2 Boss music.)

• 7 months later...

Pretty straightforward stuff from DD, but Metal Man's theme is a classic, and this is well done, wit some nice counter melody parts. The sounds used are pleasant too. I think it'd be considered too conservative nowadays, but this is still a pretty nice track. The intentionally sequenced delay at the end was a really clever way to close things though, very cool idea. :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00848 - Mega Man 2 "Metal Man Goes Clubbing"