IS Blood on the Asphalt the soundtrack for SF2HD?

dsx100

Just to clarify, even though nothing is set in stone, I would point out that not all the songs from BotA are being used, and many are being tweaked heavily.

That kind of sucks. I knew a lot of them would have to be tweaked quite a bit but being left out completely kind of sucks.

Well its not really all that bad. As long the majority of the project gets used its still a big deal for OCR. Agian, hope everything works out.

This is some seriously exciting news. I kind of feel jealous, but I feel even more awesome that Capcom is even considering it.

And yeah, I can definitely see that a bunch of tracks on BoTA would need to be left out or reworked quite a bit to work.

Still, good luck gang.

That's cool, I guess. I'd rather the music be tweaked to fit the game than just a direct copy into the game. It sounds like everything in SSF2T:HD is being meticulously crafted and tweaked, so refining some of the remixed soundtracks makes sense.

I just find it kinda funny how a few days ago I wasn't even allowed to post anything about this in the official BotA thread' date=' and now someone's made an entirely new thread, in the Gen. Disc section nonetheless, and it's allowed. Thanks guys. Especially from someone who made the friggin' album art.[/quote']

To be fair, he didn't know that it really is in the works.

ReeeeeeeeeeeeMMMMMMiiiiiiiiiiiixxxxx!

Anyway, I haven't seen SF2HD almost at all aside from 3 images. Looks pretty good, but apparently they really don't necessarily want you to focus in on audio too much as of right now. Why don't we just all play the waiting game? And for you more impatient people, Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Re: V_gasm/E. Honda, it's not the sound they wanted.

Lemme clarify, BotA is NOT explicitly the soundtrack. Some of it will be used. In terms of the sum total of the soundtrack most of it is not BotA, but some of the character themes will be from that. As djp has said, nothing it set in stone, so collectively speaking, y'all should just wait for more information to surface once it's possible.

I just find it kinda funny how a few days ago I wasn't even allowed to post anything about this in the official BotA thread' date=' and now someone's made an entirely new thread, in the Gen. Disc section nonetheless, and it's allowed. Thanks guys. Especially from someone who made the friggin' album art.[/quote']

I was just speculating. I honestly didn't know there was something actually going on. I am sorry if I ruined anything. I'm just a huge SF fan and I follow almost every single bit of news that concerns it. So when things started adding up, I just speculated and it turned out to be partially true. Agian sorry for ruining anything.

Emo much? :lol: Honestly, we didn't want the info out yet and we caught your post as soon as it went up without anyone replying to it. This thread, we just didn't catch quickly enough. So the jig was up. And there you go.

But in terms of anyone catching it and posting on OCR, you were indeed the first. Good ear.

I was just speculating. I honestly didn't know there was something actually going on. I am sorry if I ruined anything. I'm just a huge SF fan and I follow almost every single bit of news that concerns it. So when things started adding up, I just speculated and it turned out to be partially true. Agian sorry for ruining anything.

Hey DSX, no apology needed. They deleted my post and I'm just pouting about it. :P There's a lot to be excited about though! OMG BOTA'S GONNA BE IN A REAL VIDEO GAME!

Wow...so that's what Capcom meant about the music being "more community-oriented" in one of the interviews I read at 1UP recently.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3163794

"Achievements to be included in the Xbox 360 version, and Svensson hints that the community will come into play somehow with the creation (or selection) of the remixed music tracks to be included as well."

At first, this idea popped up in my head. Then, I dismissed it...thinking of something simple like the fans choosing what tracks they would like remixed or something. I REALLY wanted to start this thread about it, but was afraid that I would sound like I'm jumping to conclusions.

But from this thread it seems that there is something in the works at least. If this happens, then this would be an incredible breakthrough in the game remixing community.

Man...now I'm back listening to BotA. Sagat and Ken's remixes are so freggin' addicting. Would work really well while playing, actually.

I just listend BoTA agian and I can see how some of the remixes wouldn't work well. I wouldn't mind any BGMs but I do see why many wouldn't work. A lot them could work out well with heavy tweaking in my opinion. However, I think "Made in USA" and "Murder Instinct" should be definate keepers as they sound the most like their original BGMs and they both sound great as BGMS themsevles and seem like great fighting music.

One question though: Since not all of BoTA is going to part of the soundtrack, does that mean OCR is going to provide the rest of it?

If Vurez's New Mexican Thunderbird, Malcos Reaching for Nirudha & bLiNd and Leifo Urban Uppercut doesn't make it into the game. I'm going to be very very very angry.

the fact that even a single track from the album has potential to be there should be satisfying for anyone here with half a brain

one track is still a huge step