IS Blood on the Asphalt the soundtrack for SF2HD?

dsx100

I really hope this will make developers of re-issued games and such take the remix scene in account.

Especially with the improving standards of OCR this seems more and more possible.

all I can say is this: AWESOME! :D

EDIT: Hi, Score! (Ranking Display) please! Somehow this is the track on BotA that appeals to me the most except Flying Heaven. It just screams "GAAAAME".

The Ken Song is great, but - and this goes for anyone here - try to imagine the effectiveness of this music in the game. There's a big difference between great music and effective game music. I believe Cap asked for no lyrics of any kind which would rule it out anyway, but more importantly, these are being cut + looped; the Ken Song is more of a 'real' song and cutting it to 1:30-2:00 would screw up the dynamic build as compared with Sixto's version, which mimics the feel of the original more closely.

I trust Capcom will do what is necessary to make the tracks sound right in-game. Major kudos to them for even considering including an alternate remix soundtrack. I'm hoping "Army Girl", "Flying Heaven", and "Murder Instinct" make it in. I'm guessing "I Don't Fight Boys" is a lock considering how perfect it is already. If they can make "Urban Uppercut" work in a fighting game, I'd be eternally grateful. Bah, there are so many good tracks in this album.

Ironically I saw this thread as I was listening to BotA. I'm very excited to see what comes of this.

The Ken Song is great, but - and this goes for anyone here - try to imagine the effectiveness of this music in the game. There's a big difference between great music and effective game music. I believe Cap asked for no lyrics of any kind which would rule it out anyway, but more importantly, these are being cut + looped; the Ken Song is more of a 'real' song and cutting it to 1:30-2:00 would screw up the dynamic build as compared with Sixto's version, which mimics the feel of the original more closely.

Which I totally agree with. The music should never steal the show in a video game(unless it was explicitly stated), but rather it should serve as ambiance while still slightly adding it's own piece to the puzzle. Thank You, Deejay and Spitting Narcissism are my two favorite tracks out of the whole project, but they wouldn't work without heavy retooling(if they could work at all).

I trust Capcom will do what is necessary to make the tracks sound right in-game. Major kudos to them for even considering including an alternate remix soundtrack. I'm hoping "Army Girl", "Flying Heaven", and "Murder Instinct" make it in. I'm guessing "I Don't Fight Boys" is a lock considering how perfect it is already. If they can make "Urban Uppercut" work in a fighting game, I'd be eternally grateful. Bah, there are so many good tracks in this album.

Ironically I saw this thread as I was listening to BotA. I'm very excited to see what comes of this.

"I Don't Fight Boys" is not gonna be in AFAIK, does it REALLY sound like fighting game music? It's more like smooth lounge.. not energetic enough.

"I Don't Fight Boys" is not gonna be in AFAIK, does it REALLY sound like fighting game music? It's more like smooth lounge.. not energetic enough.

Hmm, I disagree (respectfully of course). The sound is certainly smoother than most tracks in the album, and seems even more so when pitted against a typical fighting game track. However, I would argue that there is plenty of energy in the song to drive a good brawl. Of course, this is all personal taste, but I think it fits Chun Li's stage well.

As far as my comments guessing that it would be a lock for the game, consider that an insight into how much I really know :)

We'd prefer not to get into the business of discussing what will or won't be in; we're managing that as best we can, it's not a question of ego or personal preference, it's a question of what Capcom thinks works best for the game.

Andy (and other site staff and mixers), if you could please refrain from answering questions or making guesses about which tracks are or aren't in, or other aspects of the involvement that are still far from concrete, I think that'd be best. We'll know when we know, and while those closest to the project might know a little bit more, a little bit sooner, the bottom line is that what's important is OCR's involvement as a community, not which tracks/artists were involved specifically. Guaranteeing that is first and foremost.

I can't help but feel that kind of screwed things up by making this thread. It seems like all this speculating and asking questions is getting the way or at least making the process more difficult. Maybe it would be best to close this thread, that way you don't have worry about saying anything before the time is right. I'm sorry if I caused OCR a lot of problems with this.

I can't help but feel that kind of screwed things up by making this thread. It seems like all this speculating and asking questions is getting the way or at least making the process more difficult. Maybe it would be best to close this thread, that way you don't have worry about saying anything before the time is right. I'm sorry if I caused OCR a lot of problems with this.

Relax. If you didn't make this thread, someone else would have. Like me.

When I watched the interview a few days ago and the Capcom rep mentioned remixed music, my first thought was, "Blood on the Asphalt?" Glad to see some tracks potentially included.

• 4 months later...