IS Blood on the Asphalt the soundtrack for SF2HD?

dsx100

Just watching the new trailer @ GT. Amazing, just getting to see more of this project getting attention. And alot more impulse is building. *reading the notes from users, it is very positive. I'm sure some of our community have given it kudos, but this is pure sweetness.

Long time listener - first time... writer!

I've just gotta say that I really love all the tracks on Blood on the Asphalt! I love 'em so much that I've programmed most of them into ST on my computer. Keep up the awesome work! :-)

I've mentioned this on Capcom's blog and I think it'd be appropriate here as well.

Nearly all the music fits in the game nicely except for Vega’s stage. Rap music seems out of place especially for a joint where acoustic guitars and castanets play in the background. Please go to gh.ffshrine.org and check out the Street Fighter 2 Alph Lyra album, and listen to Vega’s music titled Splendor. That’s the type of sound that I’d like to hear out of the Taberna in Spain. Hopefully you’ll implement some music that sounds a lot closer to guitars and castanets.

Jose, if you're reading I just wanna let you know that your remixes are great - they're even on my iPod. But if you could put some "Latin" stuff on Vega's stage that'd be great!

Jose, if you're reading I just wanna let you know that your remixes are great - they're even on my iPod. But if you could put some "Latin" stuff on Vega's stage that'd be great!

Yeah, I saw that comment on the Capcom blog and I was annoyed. So I'm here to request to José to disregard any rap/hip-hop haters re: Vega. :lol: The strings are still Latin, the overall vibe is still Vega's stage. It's a remix for a reason, and it sounds good. Watching the in-game footage, it clicks, and that's what's important.

Yeah, I saw that comment on the Capcom blog and I was annoyed. So I'm here to request to José to disregard any rap/hip-hop haters re: Vega. :lol: The strings are still Latin, the overall vibe is still Vega's stage. It's a remix for a reason, and it sounds good. Watching the in-game footage, it clicks, and that's what's important.

If you feel that it fits then great - maybe it'll grow on me over time. But hearing rap on Vega's stage just seems kinda odd still. Wasn't really out to annoy or offend anyone. Just sharing my opinion. BTW, I'm definitely not a hip-hop hater - I did mention that I have the stuff on my iPod, after all...

In Ansa's defense, I can really see where he's coming from. I even commented about it on irc last night. I really love the fact that the BotA songs made it into SF2HD. Jose's especially because I remember them talking about some of the lyrical songs were questionable, and his songs were my favorite on the CD. You listen to BGC's song and it's in the same style as Guile's original theme...just updated a bit. Then you listen to Fei Long's stage and now Fei Long has this totally bad ass super aggressive techno music going on. Now you go to Vega's stage has this laid back gangsta rap beat, and I LOVE it...but the consistency isn't there.

Like I said before, I'm really happy that BotA is making it into the game market, but you can't get upset about people who aren't so community oriented being a little confused.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not just trying to be "rah-rah community!" on the fact that the music is involved. I just thought the groove there worked in-game, in spite of some of the criticisms I've read. If José felt like he could thematically improve on it, and the leeway was there on Capcom's side, I'm cool with that. But I still enjoy it as is. I'm also glad the music is being well-received overall!

One big reason I'm monitoring comments around the net is that, being hip-hop, I knew from the beginning this would be, by far, the most controversial selection, and I'm having fun gauging reactions. I'm already joking around at 1up: "What, no hate for the new BGM?" It's further from the norm than most fighter BGM, so the reaction is natural; should I bring up Marvel vs. Capcom 2? Fortunately, the word "crap" is a convenient indicator of ignorant commentary, so I can easily separate good points from bad. There is a valid point about whether the tune fits. My honest feeling is that, considering Capcom (working with a deadline of "yesterday") maybe had to put aside all the music's perceived "appropriateness," "Narcissism" works rather well, and is only slightly off to me because it seems a bit "empty" without vocals. However, game's not done yet, so we'll see.

I'm very glad "Narcissism" made it in. When I first heard it, I knew it would be a perfect BGM (minus the lyrics of course). After watching the videos, I must say it really does fit in well. Thats definately music I can fight to. I hope an instrumental version of "Thank You DeeJay" makes it in as well.