Flikomp #4, 10-24-07 @ 7PM Central!

Flik

Download Flikomp #4 entries at http://www.epicgaming.us/sadorf/Flikomp/Flikomp4/

I'm in a wiggity wack mood today, so perhaps a Flikomp is in order! Please note that I have updated the description a little bit, so be sure to read it again.

Compo Date / Time: Wednesday, Oct. 24th at 7:00 PM Central.

This is a music compo that has no direction other than to give people the

motivation to just MAKE something (something I have a problem with all the

time). Instead of there being a theme of any sort that may cause someone to turn away because they don't feel they can make something in a certain style,

they can just make whatever they want. I encourage original music in this.

Flikomp sessions last an hour and fifteen minutes. You'll have an hour to put something together, and 15 minutes or so to do any quick cleanup and effect work and such that you couldn't do in the hour of creation time.

We will meet in #flikomp on the EnterTheGame IRC server.

Don't worry. This isn't some competition or anything. This is purely a way to motivate people who have difficulty coming up with music to make something. Anyone can join in.

You may use whatever tools you normally use to make your music, just as long as you can make an MP3 out of it in the end so everyone can listen. When you make your MP3, it can be e-mailed to flikomp@gmail.com (unless stated to send it elsewhere), or uploaded to a server of your choice and the link sent to me.

Name your file "yournickname - Flikomp# - yoursongname.mp3" so we can keep

these organized. Once received I will put everything into a RAR file and upload it to my server for all to download. If you have dialup this could be a problem, but we'll do what we can. There will be a half hour break from when I get the RAR file uploaded so everyone can download it, and yes I will try and make individual files available in a public directory if possible.

I'll try my best to make this a weekly thing. There may not be a specific date set for it. Odds are I'll just make a new thread for it or something and let people know what time I'll be starting it that night. Weekends are iffy since I'm out of town so much during them. If you miss out on one, don't worry, there will be more! And don't fret if you think your original tune sucks. This compo is so you can make stuff and in turn get better!

Hope to see you there, and happy music making!

ah nice, good to see u didnt put it in competitions forum again, maybe this time more people will show up.

also, if anyone is new and wants an idea of the awesome(shitty) music that comes out of these, just goto http://epicgaming.us/sadorf/Flikomp/ where there are the files OR rars with all the intries for each competition.

If you listen you will understand that this is only for fun as flik has said, its not a competition (but we all think it is anyways).

also....SUZU, GET BROADBAND U SLOW ASS!

hope to see lots of people there...and i will msg a few people to try and make this bigger and better

cya

Compo pack is up, thanks to sadorf. You can grab it at: http://epicgaming.us/sadorf/Flikomp/Flikomp4/

Enjoy!

PS: FL's rendering engine broke when I rendered my song (for some reason some instruments were using triplet math). So if you're interested there's a fixed version here: http://hosting.thasauce.net/suzumebachi/tyberius_iamear(fix).mp3