Warning: do not listen to this song if on medication

1makes2

this is just a trance song that i was mucking around with and i thought it turned out pretty good. it is 7.5 minutes and i wanted to get some feedback from other mixers. please fell free to tell me if a snare is too loud (or anything else like poop coming out a pumpkin tree!?)or if i could use some fleshing out in places. thank you!

www.myspace.com/soundforumusik

song: warning.....

This is pretty cool. It kinda feels a little bit like psytrance in the beginning. A lot of the sounds are pretty interesting and it seems pretty well produced (at least on my earbuds). The only problem I would say I have with it is that it doesn't really feel like it has any type of drive.It just sounds like you have 3 different melodies that you switch between the entire song with only slight variations between them. You may just want to add some quick-fire hi-hats a little later on to make it feel like its going somewhere other than where it was a couple of minutes before. There really isn't much of a difference between 1:00 into the song and 5:00 in, which kind of goes counter to what trance is. I would go look up the "trance formula" somewhere on the net. It's definitely an interesting melody and you have some interesting elements, but if you want this to be a trance song, you're gonna want to put it into the trance arrangement format.

Don't get me wrong; I really enjoyed the song, but you may want to work on the arrangement a bit to boost it to where the production is.

• 2 weeks later...