Sub-Terrania - Crystal Space

Omni-Psyence

Wow! I can't believe it! Someone is actually doing a Sub-Terrania remix. For a while now I have considered its soundtrack to be one of the best ever electronic sountracks on Genesis. SOR gets a lot of attention (and rightfully so) but Sub-Terrania was awesome in its own way. Now, let's see what you have cooked up. As I am using my laptop speakers now, I can't really objectively comment on the sound quality.

Not bad. But you don't really take it where the original didn't already go. Style is almost exactly the same. Arrangement is not an exact cover, but close. I feel like at its heart Crystal Space is really a trance tune, and so are most of the other tracks from this game. To make an OCReMix, you need to make it more original, give more of its own personality.

Ok, here is something for you. It won't help you get any fresh ideas, but this one sounds like it was lifted directly from the Sub-Terrania soundtrack.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZnFvjFZBw

Thanks for the reply. I actually have the album that VNV Nation track is from, I know what you mean.

I wanted to stick quite close to the original keeping in the general feel, because I believe that is the greatest quality of the song, the atmosphere it creates. It's not really an exact copy of the original, I have transposed it all by ear but I have done my own structuring and modifications to better suit it.