OCR00849 - Castlevania II "No Flesh Allowed"

Disco Dan

• 1 month later...
This song sounds very cool but it's too loud. Why!? What are you a record exec? Jesus Christ. Why do people record music too loud? Are they assholes or completley inept? When you recorded this did you listen to it over? a duhh...

Really...

And I thought it was too soft, in all honesty.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To me, this is the definitive version of Dwelling of Doom, although it's let down by muffled recording/production that robs the beautiful playing of a lot of its power. There's no way I can be listening to the same mp3 that someone said was "too loud." I may have severe hearing loss from years of listening to this sort of music live and on CD, but I refuse to believe anyone could think this recording is overbearing. The sound quality on his later recordings is so much better that I wish he'd rework this one!

• 1 month later...

Oh my rocking Jesus! Dwelling of Doom translates SO WELL into heavy metal. This remix pwnz so freaking hard. Goat I love your work.

When ever I played the levels with this music (or watch my bro play it), I always thought that those levels had a real scary tone to it. I actually hated going to those levels because they kind of scared me, until I got better at the game. Putting it in heavy metal multiplies that horror factor greatly (but in a good way off course).

It is just so freaking awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

woah, awesome, it's Goat's debut mix!

Back when I first joined the site, he was the Go(at)-to guy for rocking Castlevania metalz outside of the official arrange albums.

This track has solid riffs, some great solos, and the only thing i'd prefer is for the lead and harmony guitars to be a little louder in the mix.

Totally good stuff. \m/

The track is great, Goat rocks, he fucking rocks.

The mix has some dark'n'heavy chugs which suits the foreboding style of this greatly. The solo in this was a little off, but I doesn't detract from the mix at all and a change in the drums now and then would've been great, but then again, that's just a pet peeve.

Overall, a solid, meaty metal track by Goat. \m/

• 9 months later...

Wow, goat, doesn't waste anytime getting us into the mix here. The heavy power chords leap right in and drive this bad boy home. The lead guitar are played with a wonderful precision. The drums samples are a little wishy washy, but considering this was done over 8 years ago, I really can't fault for a little problem. Besides, its the lead guitars that make this mix what it is! Not a bad first mix at all. The arrangement is fairly simple and repeats itself, but its not repetitive by any standard. It hits the ground running HARD and never lets up, nor does it need to. Very good first mix from goat!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00849 - Castlevania II "No Flesh Allowed"