I did not think it would be possible to regret buying something that cost me $1.20

Raziellink

Alright, i was in our local music store yesterday, and i was going through some bargain bins. The fact that every cd in it was priced at €1, i thought i would check it out.

What did i find? An old Sonic soundtrack cd from 1996. What the hell? Such a cd, for only €1? I checked the back, and the songs were called "Sonic Metropolis Trance Zone", or "Entering Death Egg Zone". Though i am not a big Sonic fan, i understood that the songs were likely to be remixes of the original songs. I picked it up, and immediatly bought it. "Wow, what a cool find", i thought to myself.

Holy shit, what was i in the wrong. It did not take me more then the first couple of seconds of the first song to get sick. And the rest of the songs were equally bad! It hardly has anything to do with the original music, and if it does, it has been replaced by crappy, NO, horrible 90's dance/trance, of which even the AVERAGE remixer here should be ashamed of.

I understood completely why that cd had been lying there for all those years, and why i can't find an image on google of it. It cost me €1, but damn, i regret buying it.

oh yeah well at least you didn't buy sonic heroes for 2.50-- that was a terrible buy

Hey. Hey. Sonic Heroes was.... erm... not the best... but two or three of the tracks were nice. I mean I liked the one that was titled something like "lemme show you what im made of" and come on! How could you not like the nasal sonic heroes theme? Definitely not a high point in sonic music history.

Think of it as in investment. An investment in FUN! Such as new coaster for your favorite drink or as a frisbee (see how many times you can shoot it into the trash can, keep score, then see if you can beat your old score), or just use the case as a spare for another cd you actually like. Or microwave it for an awesome little light show.

You have also bought a lesson. If it's in the cheap bin - it's there for a good reason. It also makes you appreciate the better things in life. Like things that aren't that CD.

Maybe you should listen to it anyway. Not with head phones but on your car stereo or your stereo at home where other people can hear it. Then make like it's the most awesomest music ever! Sing along and/or dance to it! ...Just to see what other people actually think and to see if you get any awkward stares and finger pointing... as well as wispers and giggling, etc.

I bought the "Nintendo - White Knuckle Scorin'" CD from eBay after seeing a flash animation in line with the song 'Ignorance is Bliss' on NewGrounds... It was pure crap, in fact, only 2 of the 10 songs on the CD were worth listening to (Ignorance is Bliss and Iron Hand). The other 8 were either horrible 90's style songs, horrible amateur singing, or just simply genreless ear-death. None of the songs had any noticable segue or relation between them, and had to have a completely arbitrary story (that came inside the CD case) to try to fix this... It didn't work. It was obvious that most of the songs weren't even made for the CD, and were just thrown in to cash in on the success of the Nintendo (If they WERE made for it, it's hard to tell, really... Except 'Ignorance is Bliss', the first song, which uses names from the Super Mario series).

So I feel your pain, except I paid over $20 for this... u_u;

Man I want to hear it too.

The worse cd that comes to mind was something that I bought back in middle school. Space Ghost Back Yard BBQ (Yeah they made an album) Highly annoying and stupid. I pray that I never hear it again.

Um..there were two Space Ghost CDs

*checks amazon*

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_3/002-0686181-9640826?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=Space%20Ghost&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ASpace%20Ghost%2Ci%3Apopular

OK, my bad...there were five Space Ghost Cds

Actually, I still get a kick out of Space Ghost's surf n' turf, but I'm not listening to it for music, I'm listening to it because I want a chuckle at work.

Oh, and upload that Sonic CD, today at work was uneventful and smooth so I haven't filled my daily quota of fail today

Um..there were two Space Ghost CDs

*checks amazon*

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_3/002-0686181-9640826?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=Space%20Ghost&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ASpace%20Ghost%2Ci%3Apopular

OK, my bad...there were five Space Ghost Cds

Actually, I still get a kick out of Space Ghost's surf n' turf, but I'm not listening to it for music, I'm listening to it because I want a chuckle at work.

Oh, and upload that Sonic CD, today at work was uneventful and smooth so I haven't filled my daily quota of fail today

Knowing the fact they had that many just made my day worst.

Perhaps this CD was an omen... Yes, a portent foretelling of things yet to come for the blue spiky one, and the levels of suck he was destined to descend into. It's all clear to me now.

Behold! The great seers: Emerald Hill, Andrea Husak, Oscar Oberheim, and Spike Shellcraker. They alone knew the dark days that would befall the blue blur...indeed all of Sega. They tried to warn us, but we didn't understand at the time.

Forgive us, Great Ones...Forgive Us.