Free Rice

Wipomatic

wow this impressive...but how is that possible since the level goes up diminishingly after every word..?

Because it initially starts you off at a higher number depending on how you do.

With me for example after the first 4 words it put me at level 40. (From there I only went down...I seem to average a vocab level of about 32)

It's kind of fun to get my mind working, but after 2000+ grains of rice I think I'm going to find something else to do now! (But maybe come back later to poke it more).

I'm betting the ten thousand grains I've just donated might feed them for a bit

It might, but what sustenance would they get? There's a lack of vitamins, proteins, and fats in rice, so it only does a little bit of good. That's of course, if this rice actually gets there in the first place.

I dunno, sometimes I see stuff like this and think that it's just to make the people living in MEDCs feel less guilty. Oh well, tis a 1000 grains done.

Rice may have little nutritional value, but it's still food.

It'd be more beneficial to be sending them tools and likewise so they could make their own, people don't want to be entirely reliant on someone elses charity all the time, they would like to be able to create their own food, and be able to be independant. What about the "teaching a man to fish" story? I just think that sending over seeds and other agricultural goods would benefit more than just grains of rice.

Lvl 40, shy of 500 grains.

I might be missing something obvious here, but... how exactly does this work? I mean, what's the tradeoff here? Here, play this free little game, and we'll send rice off to starving people depending on your success. Why not just... give the damn rice away? Or does this count as clicking adspace?

It'd be more beneficial to be sending them tools and likewise so they could make their own, people don't want to be entirely reliant on someone elses charity all the time, they would like to be able to create their own food, and be able to be independant. What about the "teaching a man to fish" story? I just think that sending over seeds and other agricultural goods would benefit more than just grains of rice.

It's hard to work when you're starving. You should keep in mind that most of these people work and are still starving, it's not like they sit on their asses in their shack doing nothing.

The way the website explains how it works somewhere too, it basically has sponsor people thingies (the adds on the bottom), and the companies pay for stuff. Kind of like banner adds. Of course it might be a farce and no one is getting anything at all except for the website owners.