Free Rice

Wipomatic

It'd be more beneficial to be sending them tools and likewise so they could make their own, people don't want to be entirely reliant on someone elses charity all the time, they would like to be able to create their own food, and be able to be independant. What about the "teaching a man to fish" story? I just think that sending over seeds and other agricultural goods would benefit more than just grains of rice.

Areas of the world where starvation is a huge issue are often subject to a lot of other social/environmental issues. Trends tend to tie every thing with pollution because quite frankly, if you're starving what do you care that the environment is bad? Additionally, countries that this occurs in typically have little environmental protection policies. For instance some really poor areas in China have contaminated water sources, which have caused tons of deaths, and early indications show the possibility of the water causing colon cancer if consumed regularly. Additionally, this water can't be used to grow food because then the food will be contaminated. People stuck where they are can't move because they lack the money and don't want to take a risk, but are feeding the cycle. They're partially the cause, but can't break out of it. It's a very difficult situation.

Sure you could have everyone growing gardens in a small plot of land, but people are having a hard enough time getting money from jobs to be able to add an additional task to eat from. They're not just being lazy. No one would willingly just let themselves starve to death. And let's say pollution is not an issue; who is to say that they even have land to plant things on? And furthermore, if they do have crops, realistically speaking, how long will a small plot of land last for a family? And what would stop other starving people in the area from stealing these crops?

I agree with you in that a large sweeping change towards work has to occur, but if these people are dying from starvation in the short term, getting work for them won't be an issue. Hell, if they're teetering on the edge of death because of a lack of food, the least we can do is try to assist them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that these people have been put in a rotten situation where it's insanely difficult to break out of a cycle that their own existance seems to reinforce. It's difficult, and the only short term answer is to give them food, rice (the staple food of the world), so that, in the very least, they can live a few days longer in hopes of a potentially better tomorrow.

I do wonder about the validity of this site though...

EDIT: I hope I didn't come off as attacking anyone because I'm not. And... 2000 grains! I must be pretty stupid because I can't get above level 33. Of course, I am going fast and have made a few blantantly incorrect choices. haha. Good game concept though.

Areas of the world where starvation is a huge issue are often subject to a lot of other social/environmental issues. Trends tend to tie every thing with pollution because quite frankly, if you're starving what do you care that the environment is bad? Additionally, countries that this occurs in typically have little environmental protection policies. For instance some really poor areas in China have contaminated water sources, which have caused tons of deaths, and early indications show the possibility of the water causing colon cancer if consumed regularly. Additionally, this water can't be used to grow food because then the food will be contaminated. People stuck where they are can't move because they lack the money and don't want to take a risk, but are feeding the cycle. They're partially the cause, but can't break out of it. It's a very difficult situation.

Sure you could have everyone growing gardens in a small plot of land, but people are having a hard enough time getting money from jobs to be able to add an additional task to eat from. They're not just being lazy. No one would willingly just let themselves starve to death. And let's say pollution is not an issue; who is to say that they even have land to plant things on? And furthermore, if they do have crops, realistically speaking, how long will a small plot of land last for a family? And what would stop other starving people in the area from stealing these crops?

I agree with you in that a large sweeping change towards work has to occur, but if these people are dying from starvation in the short term, getting work for them won't be an issue. Hell, if they're teetering on the edge of death because of a lack of food, the least we can do is try to assist them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that these people have been put in a rotten situation where it's insanely difficult to break out of a cycle that their own existance seems to reinforce. It's difficult, and the only short term answer is to give them food, rice (the staple food of the world), so that, in the very least, they can live a few days longer in hopes of a potentially better tomorrow.

I do wonder about the validity of this site though...

This is all true, but don't you think that such an economically developed country or company could spare more than just grains of rice? This is why I question the validity of this site, because rice on it's own isn't going to help with malnourishment.