Killer Instinct Main Theme Remix

Inv1ctus

OK. I'm officially obsessed with this song. I can't get enough of it. I seriously listened to it about 30 times today. This has got to be so close to passing the judges that I cant believe it hasn't yet. The absolutely _only_ thing that may need to be worked on is the alarm sound, it sounds kinda weird. But still.... I think I'm in love.

OK. I'm officially obsessed with this song. I can't get enough of it. I seriously listened to it about 30 times today. This has got to be so close to passing the judges that I cant believe it hasn't yet. The absolutely _only_ thing that may need to be worked on is the alarm sound, it sounds kinda weird. But still.... I think I'm in love.

Heh Boz man, congrats on seeing the light and apologizing ;-), good stuff man - that takes guts, even if it's just online. Anyways, David is this song submitted??? I can't wait to see this song posted lol.

• 1 month later...

HI GUYS!!!! wow... i have been gone for a long long time and havent been able to work on any of my music.

I have to say im kind of flattered by the reactions im getting from you guys. I did not expect people to like it that much :)

Anyhow, i have to say im pumped by the input and am gonna get this shit rollin, and might i say its about damn time. I tend to get really involved in projects right until they are completed and then abandon them for no good reason. I must have head problems.

OK! Well expect an update really soon, im definitely going to focus all of your input in the next version.

Ive decided that i wont work on anything else musically until i get this list done:

Killer instinct - Gut instinct (pretty close IMO)

FF10 - The wisdom of gagazet (Rejected by judges but supposed to resub)

God of War - The wrath of Kratos (Needs a lot of TLC)

ok well i think right there is enough to think about for now.

Thanks again everyone!

HI GUYS!!!! wow... i have been gone for a long long time and havent been able to work on any of my music.

I have to say im kind of flattered by the reactions im getting from you guys. I did not expect people to like it that much :)

Anyhow, i have to say im pumped by the input and am gonna get this shit rollin, and might i say its about damn time. I tend to get really involved in projects right until they are completed and then abandon them for no good reason. I must have head problems.

OK! Well expect an update really soon, im definitely going to focus all of your input in the next version.

Ive decided that i wont work on anything else musically until i get this list done:

Killer instinct - Gut instinct (pretty close IMO)

FF10 - The wisdom of gagazet (Rejected by judges but supposed to resub)

God of War - The wrath of Kratos (Needs a lot of TLC)

ok well i think right there is enough to think about for now.

Thanks again everyone!

wooot :D, and when you get that list done I know exactly who to call for a collab >: )

Ok so given that its 3:15am and my ass has to wake up early tomorrow i will spare myself the pain and suffering of describing the long list of changes that have been made. I did a lot and im not sure all the changes are in the right direction. but hey, thats what you guys are for right?

I hope its the right way, and i took some more creative liberty.

OH if the volume is too soft just let me know, i forgot to up ot before exporting, but i think its still pretty high IMO. I cant listen to it on full volume in winamp without my ears bleeding.

CHEERS!

Fuckin' version 2.3

personally I prefer the previous beginning. But this new one has its merrits. But bass synth thing is MUCH more interesting now...I'll get back to this one with that critique-list thing later. it's 3:45 AM for me...so yeah I'm fucking tired lol.

Actually I don't know HOW to describe it...but somehow this song feels like it's missing something. Like the soundscape is yearning for something else to help fill it out...maybe the other peeps can see what it is ><...or maybe it's just me :D

Bah. ok i think part of the problem is i just built a brand new pc with different sound card and headphones. Monitoring is gonna be a lot different which i wasnt thinking about. After using 2 different sound cards in it (integrated headphone usb soundcard) and soundblaster extreme xfi, the results seem pretty good. So we will call this version Deuce.3

Bah. ok i think part of the problem is i just built a brand new pc with different sound card and headphones. Monitoring is gonna be a lot different which i wasnt thinking about. After using 2 different sound cards in it (integrated headphone usb soundcard) and soundblaster extreme xfi, the results seem pretty good. So we will call this version Deuce.3

The link doesn't work. You copypasted the wrong stuff.

hahah, you called the original primitive? how stupid a comment...

listening....

Hahaha, that's even funnier is listening to your version in comparison. So far there's nothing but filtered bullshit and badly mixed beats. I have no idea how this song got 4 pages of replies, but I can assure you, this sucks. Here's why:

- No sense of anything musical.

- Rhythmic songs are great, when they keep an interesting rhythm.

- Extremely over compressed, it hurts to listen to.

- Lacks composition.

- Lacks melodic structure.

- Lacks style and originality.

- Simply sounds bad.

- Too bland and simple, there's nothing interesting going on.

- SOUNDS BAD! :(

You fail. This is hands down the WORST Killer Instinct remix I've ever heard, you should be ashamed.

Also, do some research before you post bullshit, because that "cover" you posted is the original song from the arcade version, combined with the character select theme that was used on the "Killer Cuts" CD that came with the SNES version. The SNES music is badly ported from the arcade (though still sounds better than yours).

Constructive criticism is for MUSIC, not random bullshit thrown together by someone who has no idea what music is. There's nothing elitist about having standards, this is a site where anyone can join and post whatever they want, not everyone has what it takes to be considered a musician. People these days forget that it takes a certain level of talent to do something well and get praised for it.

Constructive criticism is for MUSIC, not random bullshit thrown together by someone who has no idea what music is. There's nothing elitist about having standards, this is a site where anyone can join and post whatever they want, not everyone has what it takes to be considered a musician. People these days forget that it takes a certain level of talent to do something well and get praised for it.

Well I'd probably get farther with a rabid bear than you with this argument. I still beg to differ though x_x

hahah, you called the original primitive? how stupid a comment...

listening....

Hahaha, that's even funnier is listening to your version in comparison. So far there's nothing but filtered bullshit and badly mixed beats. I have no idea how this song got 4 pages of replies, but I can assure you, this sucks. Here's why:

- No sense of anything musical.

- Rhythmic songs are great, when they keep an interesting rhythm.

- Extremely over compressed, it hurts to listen to.

- Lacks composition.

- Lacks melodic structure.

- Lacks style and originality.

- Simply sounds bad.

- Too bland and simple, there's nothing interesting going on.

- SOUNDS BAD! :(

You fail. This is hands down the WORST Killer Instinct remix I've ever heard, you should be ashamed.

Also, do some research before you post bullshit, because that "cover" you posted is the original song from the arcade version, combined with the character select theme that was used on the "Killer Cuts" CD that came with the SNES version. The SNES music is badly ported from the arcade (though still sounds better than yours).

It is evident to me that certain aspects of this comment need to be addressed. First and foremost, be assured that despite the intentions of ones input, namely yours, although fiercely abrasive and personal in nature, your remarks still have valid input that I find useful, but more on that later.

1. I believe that my first remix of this song was indeed primitive. Comparing the new version and the original, there is much more variation and diversion, dynamic value, instrument automation, instrument texture, sample usage, and thought given to structure and build.

2. This song has 4 pages of replies because people have at least given thought enough to say that for reason "x", this is a good or bad piece. There are 4 pages because it simply hasn't reached a point where it is evident that it is "complete". This is a work in progress forum. I work, I progress. Commentary is the catalyst for this process.

3. Be more specific when you say it has no sense of anything musical. I find variation, dynamics, structure, texture, melody organization, and timbre all evident in this piece, no matter how poorly executed they may be.

4. Im curious. Define interesting rhythm. If you listened to techno would your head explode? Sure i could forge some crazy drum-n-bass rhythm and paste it in the song, but it has no place here. Emphasis is not given to the percussion simply because that is not the focal point of the song.

5. Compression is a new frontier for me. It is something that was not emphasized in reason 2.5. When i switched to 4.0, I began to learn how compression is used to enhance certain aspects of an instrument. I am still learning what works and what doesn't. Not all of us pop out of our mommas womb and know how to compress and master 15+ instruments.

6. If you recall the original track on SNES, it is fairly simplistic. Although I feel the song has diverged from the original in many ways, i will give more thought to refining melodic structure.

7. If you think it lacks style and originality, i have nothing to argue. That is simply relative opinion, and nothing that helps me or hinders me.

8. If it is too bland and simple, i will give more thought to how it can provoke and interest the mind.

9. Actually, i have failed 13 times, as that is how many different instances i have saved the piece in a different level of progress. Each is 1 step closer to a final product.

10. I am well aware that the "original" soundtrack of this song is not actually the one from snes. I have an snes emulator with the KI ROM, and know exactly what it sounds like. Simply put, i could not find the exact one on the internet to post for comparison. If it really bugs you that much, i dont really care.

So why do i find your input valid? Not because your an "overclocked remixer", and surely not because you really kick ass at guitar (which you do), but because despite all your elitist reasons why I should quit and kill myself, I now have a list of things for what i know i need to work on. And im sure you would say im hopeless and theres no reason to try, but hey.

Fuck you. I like the progress im making, and it has come a long way. Im going to get it to the point where i think it stands by itself an enjoyable piece of music, whether or not you or anyone else takes interest in it.

And finally, you would do well to pull that snapple bottle out of your ass because all thats coming out of your mouth is shit. Do what you do best and stick to making music.

Oh and while im at it, heres the fix to the broken link. Im gonna call this one

Thanks snappleman! :-P

Looking forward to your next post.

-David

p.s. I just emailed this to 5 of my buddies because i know they are gonna laugh their asses off when they read this. :tomatoface: