OCR00852 - Final Fantasy VI "Deserted Industry"

m68030

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
You know, normally i really dont dig this style of music. The thing is, beatdrop's stuff is just easily accessable to people like me. He sorta "bridges the gap" between genres to create something not quite totally industrial and not quite anything else either. It's his own style, its BeatDrop. And I LOVE it. This piece is no exception. I wouldn't necessarily say this is my favorite piece of his, but technicially you can see BeatDrop is becoming even more adept at his craft. Great job on this, loved the fusion of industrial elements. You gotta teach me how to make percussion sound like that one of these days :D

For the record, i didnt mean a word of that. This song blows.

Just thought i should put that right.

• 2 months later...
A great take on a FF track, and a rare bird, being among its standard melodic trance brethren.

Dude, that was deep.

Ok, this sounded actually a little dirty. With all those machine techno, it feels like you get covered with oil and dust, but you don´t, and that´s a positive thingie.

The Veldt theme is great, but I don´t think that BD did it GREATER, he gave it a haircut, a facelift and a whole new style, but he kept a piece of that desert feel this track has together with that catchy melody. I digged the instruments, at some times they sounded to fuzzy, but they did better later on.

Great piece, beatdude.

It's not my style, but I'm digging this mix. It's quite hardcore. I don't hear any clipping, and that one place where it faded out and came back made me blink, nice surprise there. Yeah, it's dirty and weird, but that's what The Veldt is all about.

Nice job Beatdrop.

EDIT: I take back the first sentence of my last post. This is DEFINITELY my style. Awesome mix Beatdrop.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Very cool processing on this, but I feel like the percussion is way too present on this one, and the melodic and harmonic aspects aren't emphasized enough. There's no clipping, but everything is treated to be way distorted, and that covers up a bit of the tone.

otherwise decent, and of course it's well put-together, but not quite my style.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00852 - Final Fantasy VI "Deserted Industry"