Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

Yeah, the "guy with an accent and chip on his shoulder talking quickly over bad animation" thing has kinda been done before.

You're joking, right? Besides the presence of a foreign accent, there is no similarity between that and Zero Punctuation.

The thing I like about this guy, is that while his reviews do tend to have a dark slant to them, virtually all of his comments actually have some merit to them,

and unlike some other "angry reviewers" the reviews don't use outbursts of rage as filler for actual content.

You're joking, right? Besides the presence of a foreign accent, there is no similarity between that and Zero Punctuation.

You forgot the bad animation and pointless rambling. The difference is he's combined this with angry video game rants. Which have also been done before.

That said, I do like a lot of the visual gags. It's easy to be cynical, but his presentation and delivery is better than most.

You forgot the bad animation and pointless rambling. The difference is he's combined this with angry video game rants. Which have also been done before.

That said, I do like a lot of the visual gags. It's easy to be cynical, but his presentation and delivery is better than most.

Yahtzee doesn't seem to go on "pointless" rants, as whatever he's talking about is always at least closely related to the game in question. I know it's cool to dislike things that other people like, but you're not giving him enough credit. ;)

I consider the animation style different enough to not warrant direct comparison. In fact I wouldn't really qualify most of the ZP visuals as animation, more like a rapid fire slide show.

And yes, the concept has been done before, but he's doing the old shtick fairly well and it may not be revolutionary but it's worth watching.

I've been a big fan of the Angry Videogame Nerd for quite some time, and since this guy takes the whole "hating on games" thing to a totally different level he is now also bookmarked. :)

Seriously, I was close to tears from laughing so much after the Medal of Honor: Airborne review. What I love about the ZP videos is that they are extremely well written and his delivery is really fantastic. Then again, I'm a very cynical person myself, which probably means that I find even more humour in what he's doing.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Zero Punctuation, but... *waves to Dhsu* What's up? :D

I agree with more or less the whole thing except for the sailing - especially after Wind Waker's sailing, I felt the sailing in this game was not only acceptable, but... wait for it... fun. They actually manage to keep you entertained while going from point A to point B.

But I totally agree with the Temple of the Ocean King part. Repeating the same levels + undefeatable enemies + time limit = mega fail.

Actually, I think this is really only the second time I've disagreed with ZP, the other time being in his Orange Box review about Episode 2 - it really felt to me like Valve managed to make Episode 2 much, much more dynamic and interesting than E1 (which really did feel like more of the same) or HL2.

He has excellent taste in music and I usually agree with what he says. I think this review and the Halo 3 review were the only ones I had a problem with (and it wasn't a huge problem).

I mean you can't change Zelda or it won't be Zelda anymore. Thats part of it's magic.