Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

Man, he really hates on Societies -- makes me want to see it in person. His reviews are always harsh, but usually fair...is it really as bad as he says, anyone?

Haven't played most of the games he has reviewed but I'm inclined to believe him.

It seems to me he's criticizing issues that pervade Sim games in general. Not that the problem keeps them from being fun. Perhaps the problem is much more obvious in Societies than in the others.

Well, he says that he hasn't played a SimCity game since the 1st one on the Amiga.

Man, he really hates on Societies -- makes me want to see it in person. His reviews are always harsh, but usually fair...is it really as bad as he says, anyone?

His reviews are rarely fair, or all that true. Here's the problem, he's paid to be an ass. He's paid to rip on big names and be funny, no there are no perfect games, but the fact is, Ive never played a game and sat there and bitched the entire way through it and then wanted to rant about how awful it is. Simcity societies.... Well, its fun, I enjoy it every now and again, but it is a little simple. The funny thing is all the love he has for half life, which if portal wasn't in the orange box, the box wouldn't have been worth purchasing. As a console gamer half life2 does nothing I havent seen before. Im not saying it didnt have those ideas first, but its just not the second coming of christ in game form that everyone claims it to be. And yet yahtzee says its a lil repetitive, and then continues, where if any other game had had as stale and repetitive a sequel he would have torn it a new one.

That said I do find him funny, but I don't think I'd ever watch one of his reviews to decide what to rent/buy

His reviews are rarely fair, or all that true. Here's the problem, he's paid to be an ass. He's paid to rip on big names and be funny, no there are no perfect games, but the fact is, Ive never played a game and sat there and bitched the entire way through it and then wanted to rant about how awful it is. Simcity societies.... Well, its fun, I enjoy it every now and again, but it is a little simple. The funny thing is all the love he has for half life, which if portal wasn't in the orange box, the box wouldn't have been worth purchasing. As a console gamer half life2 does nothing I havent seen before. Im not saying it didnt have those ideas first, but its just not the second coming of christ in game form that everyone claims it to be. And yet yahtzee says its a lil repetitive, and then continues, where if any other game had had as stale and repetitive a sequel he would have torn it a new one.

That said I do find him funny, but I don't think I'd ever watch one of his reviews to decide what to rent/buy

I find his reviews funny and mostly true but you are entitled to you opinion and so is yahtzee...(No flame wars plz).

Review was LOL's like always.:razz: