Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

I find his reviews funny and mostly true but you are entitled to you opinion and so is yahtzee...(No flame wars plz).

Review was LOL's like always.:razz:

Im just saying, when your paid to be an ass, your going to focus on that. That and Im trying to go back to enjoying games rather then judging every little aspect, If Im having fun and not throwing my controller at the screen, Im ok with it. :-) He is funny though.

I'm just saying, when your paid to be an ass, your going to focus on that. That and I'm trying to go back to enjoying games rather then judging every little aspect, If I'm having fun and not throwing my controller at the screen, I'm OK with it. :-) He is funny though.

I thinks it's more like he's an ass that just happens to be paid to review games, No offense the man of course.:smile:

Thing is, is that many of his points are sensible and even true to a point, but massively exaggerated. It's basically hyperbole, but that's part of what makes it amusing.

A lot of Yahtzee's points I think are also tongue in cheek, like a lot of Brit humor. Critically a lot of his critisisms arn't based on the individual merit or faults of a game but rather broad critisisms of how the game figures into ALL of gaming. Most of the reviews are half comprised of massive rants about the state of video games as a whole, so it's obvious he's just simply one of the many gamers out there that's just looking for too much. I highly respect his stance on welcoming variety and mixing things up in concept and story but I would hardly call him a balanced critic. But like I said before, that's not why I really watch his reviews.

Remember "The Critic"? Make Jay Sherman British and make the subject matter video games instead of movies and that's basically somewhat along the lines of the charm of Yahtzees' reviews. He's just rarely satisfied, and hearing why is very entertaining.

Critically a lot of his critisisms arn't based on the individual merit or faults of a game but rather broad critisisms of how the game figures into ALL of gaming. Most of the reviews are half comprised of massive rants about the state of video games as a whole, so it's obvious he's just simply one of the many gamers out there that's just looking for too much.

Well he DID work on some games of his own (I think, maybe I'm remembering someone else). It seems like it would be normal for a game designer dude thing to be a bit pedantic about how games in general are designed.

Remember "The Critic"? Make Jay Sherman British and make the subject matter video games instead of movies and that's basically somewhat along the lines of the charm of Yahtzees' reviews. He's just rarely satisfied, and hearing why is very entertaining.

"It's Bollocks!"

But in all seriousness, reading/watching a review of any kind is kind of a translation process. You decide whether you'll like it or not based on the reviewer's review, but also his/her tastes and personality.

Growing up, my local paper had like the worst movie reviewer in the world. I would literally take anything she said and turn it 180 degrees to see if i would like it or not.

(mind you i was still in high school then and still semi-into juvenile humor, but still...)

Hehe yea saw the GDC clips @ the awards show. God so hilarious. What made it even more awesome was I met the guy on Thursday unexpectedly. Was playing Rock Band at some audion booth in the "no name" parts of GDC's expo floor and he was there watching. So I says hi and ask if he wanted to play and he took the guitar and we played Black Hole Sun and was awesome. Took a pic of him afterward (couldn't get me in the shot cause he was in a hurry).

Hehe yea saw the GDC clips @ the awards show. God so hilarious. What made it even more awesome was I met the guy on Thursday unexpectedly. Was playing Rock Band at some audion booth in the "no name" parts of GDC's expo floor and he was there watching. So I says hi and ask if he wanted to play and he took the guitar and we played Black Hole Sun and was awesome. Took a pic of him afterward (couldn't get me in the shot cause he was in a hurry).

Where are said pictures?

Some of the comments on YouTube regarding the premiere there say that he wasn't in attendance...

Also, while browsing YouTube I found a wtf?

Be warned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcunKPjjjCk&feature=related

He is true. I is a fangirl and I liked the pretty pretty androgyny.

However that dice game bullshit can suck a fat one. So can the repetitive revisiting. Oh, and as much as I like cut-scenes, this was fucking ridiculous.