Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

I would have to say I agree that you have to grind yourself stupid at almost every turn. Yet I didn't find the mini games of picking up trash as fun though. Man, he really hates Travis Touchdown though, I didn't really hate him, I found him pretty funny sometimes. and yes, you do get the super ability's with the last guys, it turned into a law for me right around 1 hour in.

Yea, get the game, worth the story, and the sword fighting just feels right.

It would seem that No More Heroes has finally made it across the pond. Yahtzee has opinions.

Since the usage of the phrase "across the pond" refers to mostly transatlantic travel, I'm going to assume that you meant this is a clever pun meaning "arrived in the British-born son's hands" in light of the satirical nature of the review. (And not that you forgot that he lives "down under." By the way, I've managed to consume quite a bit of liquid pretenousness today.)

He pretty much mirrors my views on this one.

^This, which, for me, is strange. The only think I don't quite agree with Yahtzee on is the Travis hatred. I rather like the guy, when he isn't a cussing, anime-wannabe.

His scottish impression is unexpected and full of lols.

I loved how he completely missed out anything actually note-worthy to talk about in that review /sarcasm.

I don't know about others, but to me it seemed like he didn't actually "play" the game, character roster and other usual stuff that comes from SSBB playthroughs and what not weren't even mentioned. Oh well :o.

I predicted this one. Yahtzee's not exactly the type of gamer who would like this sort of game. It's painfully obvious from his No More Heroes review that he hates random things in games (in that case the random chance for a superpower when you mangle someone's face off), and considering Brawl, and Smash in general, in fact, is all about random stuff and chaos, it only stands to reason that he'd dislike that element. Also as he stated in his review, he hates basing games off their multiplayer, hence another reason why he'd hate Brawl. The game is at its strongest with four people angrily wailing the everloving snot out of each other. Moreover, other reviews shows he carries a bit of a bias against the Wii, which is perfectly fine, it's just something you have to take into account when watching his reviews for games on the consoles.

I have to be honest, this review wasn't so much a review of the game as it is a primer in Yahtzee's taste in games. Which is all fine and dandy because we get a good laugh out of it, but it's not really a reliable review for the material or qualities of the game. The only comments we get are briefly about Subspace Emissary and they're not all that deep or helpful.

Now, to be fair, he has a point about Snake and Sonic not being available from the get-go, considering how much of the hype machine they made up. Though, to bring up a counterpoint, he neglected to do his damn research to find that you can unlock Sonic, his example, in three or four different ways. Beating Classic Mode with 10 characters takes like, an hour, maybe two if you're new to the game, instead of brawling for 10 hours.

That said, his smartass remarks were still on course, so the review was still funny, if nothing else. It just wasn't one of his better ones in terms of any sort of depth.

uhh, his review is perfect in that he said something along the lines of:

if you like smash before, you'll like it now.

if you haven't heard of smash/never liked it, this isn't really going to change your opinion.

What more can you say to that? The people interested in the game already own it, and the people uninterested don't really care what you have to say.