Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

I definitely disagree with him on most of his points.

It's not a button masher. In fact, unlike most fighting games, there's only two attack buttons with very unique attacks linked to them. You need to understand the idea of smash attacks as well to actually be able to KO someone.

Second, it can still very well be a party game. There's plenty of stage hazards and items that can wreck a veteran's day. Sure, no newbie will beat me in 1 vs 1; but I'm a veteran and I'll still get my ass handed to me on 4 way brawls with items and whatnot.

I'm sure we all agree that the game is fun, but I still think most of Yahtzee's points are valid. I don't think the flaws outweigh the game's strengths, but the flaws do exist.

This just isn't the kind of game Yahtzee tends to like. As such, the game's weaknesses are much more obvious to him and all the more off-putting.

pretty sure this is without exaggeration every fighting game ever

Not necessarily true. You can get away with mashing buttons in a lot of fighting games. In Smash Bros., if you don't know how to perform a smash attack, you pretty much have no chance of winning.

I was amused by his correction of grammar and spelling in the letters he received, though I'm disappointed that he didn't address at least one competent letter. Surely from the deluge he received, you would figure that at least ONE person would write a fairly thoughtful critique of his Smash review. ...then again, these are fanboys we're talking about and their literacy rates and abilities to use logic are usually sub-par at best.

That being said, I admire that he didn't flip out on everyone who mailed him. I rather enjoyed his tone throughout. Yeah, he insulted them in a typically Yahtzee way and it was brilliant. Wasn't over the top and was still funny. Though to me, it's sad that his rebuttals to the replies of his Brawl review was actually funnier than the Brawl review itself. Oh well.

I was amused by his correction of grammar and spelling in the letters he received, though I'm disappointed that he didn't address at least one competent letter. Surely from the deluge he received, you would figure that at least ONE person would write a fairly thoughtful critique of his Smash review. ...then again, these are fanboys we're talking about and their literacy rates and abilities to use logic are usually sub-par at best.

That being said, I admire that he didn't flip out on everyone who mailed him. I rather enjoyed his tone throughout. Yeah, he insulted them in a typically Yahtzee way and it was brilliant. Wasn't over the top and was still funny. Though to me, it's sad that his rebuttals to the replies of his Brawl review was actually funnier than the Brawl review itself. Oh well.

This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. I really wish I could have sent him a competent letter. It seems he scrapped up the worst examples from the bottom of his inbox barrel. Ah well, not much can be done now.

Do you think he's succumbing far too much to his fans? He's reviewed games based on fan-pressure before. Now he's responding to mail. He's paying too much attention to his fanbase. And in his case, I don't think that's a good thing. It detracts too much from his image.

He's not going to review mario kart wii.

Well we pretty much already know the review would consist entirely of him bitching about blue shells so maybe it's for the best.

This review was kinda short on the funny but I agreed with it for the most part. It's the first I've heard anyone complain about how Rockstar brought it back to Liberty City.

Well, now I really wanna get GTA4. I didn't before, but, dammit Yahtzee, you've inspired me.

And I think he's going to end up reviewing Mario Kart Wii, it just might be a bit. He generally gives hints about what he's going to review, whether it be 'next week something that still isn't released in Europe' or, like this week's 'I'm not going to review Mario Kart Wii.'

But, we'll see. Every Wednesday, these bring a smile to my face. He has yet to dissapoint.