Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, he pretty much gets it right on Oblivion... or at least on the vanilla out-of-the-box game. It's really the user-created mods that saved both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Actually, I remember how I discovered the modding scene for Morrowind. The first thing I did when I got off the boat was enter the nearest store to buy a hat... only to discover that there are no hats in Morrowind!!

This review mimicked a lot of others I've read on the game. Seems the critiques Yahtzhee makes are the universal ones, but from what I've been seeing these attacks have plenty of merits.

Still, his sense of humor is sharp as ever and made this the most entertaining dressing-down of Haze I've seen.

It seemed that in the beginning, he felt like he was settling. It sounded like he wished there was something better to review, or that he's wasting his time.

Still, it was pretty funny. I liked his buff guy who said, "What's dodging?" It's like he was some kind of meat head or something.

The whole verbal diarrhea complaint seems pretty standard with MGS games and it truthfully didn't bother me much until this newest entry in the series. Though thats part of what I liked about the MGS series... Either way, a very enjoyable game and an equally enjoyable review; though it is funny he was playing it on Very Easy if he had infinite tranq darts :D.

Yeah, he pretty much gets it right on Oblivion... or at least on the vanilla out-of-the-box game. It's really the user-created mods that saved both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Actually, I remember how I discovered the modding scene for Morrowind. The first thing I did when I got off the boat was enter the nearest store to buy a hat... only to discover that there are no hats in Morrowind!!

Your right with that one. I played it on Xbox 360, but my roomate modded the crap out of his game. I remember he had this mod that made everyone naked, and even added jiggle physics. I was like what!!!

He had a sephiroth mod as well, complete with the masamune. crazy stuff.

So does anyone else find those ads they're tacking onto the end of his reviews silly? Once or twice he put on some self-made thing (there was one with him dubbing over the Painkiller intro, quite a good laugh), but now ads? Is it him selling out, or does Escapist think this is a great idea for some good revenue?

At least they're at the end of the review, though. I'll watch the first 5 seconds to see if it's not something he made then close it and move on.

So does anyone else find those ads they're tacking onto the end of his reviews silly? Once or twice he put on some self-made thing (there was one with him dubbing over the Painkiller intro, quite a good laugh), but now ads? Is it him selling out, or does Escapist think this is a great idea for some good revenue?

At least they're at the end of the review, though. I'll watch the first 5 seconds to see if it's not something he made then close it and move on.

The Escapist knows that Yahtzee is their claim to fame. They're just trying to advertise their stuff in the one place they know everyone is looking.

Seriously, at least 90% of their site traffic probably hits wednesday at noon.

At least they're not as annoying as the stuff they shove at you at the end of Ask a Ninja videos.

Seriously, what kind of Ninja endorses Verizon and Intel? :|

You obviously haven't been paying much attention. He loved Painkiller, CoD4, IIRC he liked Zak and Wiki, he liked Super Mario Galaxy despite (to him) its sameness, he was neutral on The World Ends With You, liked Chains of Olympus (despite, again, its sameness to previous incarnations), and loved the hell out of Psychonauts.