Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

Don't we all wish our butt would sprout wings and spirit us away...

I had a good time with the Sands of Time, but stopped right before I got to the final boss (I can't remember what game temporarily distracted me). By the time I was able to go finish, I didn't want to. I've never played the other ones either.

I loved that dolphin on the toilet paper line. The funniest thing he has said so far. Maybe it's because I've always thought the same thing as well. Why do they always have to put cute animals like puppies on toilet paper? Seems a but cruel for the little guys, they shouldnt have to go through that.

I didn't find this one terribly funny. But I guess they can't all be winners, can they?

And in the serious end, I really don't agree with his final opinion of the game. Yes, every single one of his criticisms is spot on, but there is some shred of fun to be had in SC4 despite them (and in fighting games in general). They wouldn't sell if they weren't fun, right? Fun is probably a game's most important facet, next to boobs and explosions. He also forgot to observe the Auto Grapple Break skill in CAS mode, which would have calmed him down about his "unstoppable throwing rant."

Methinks Yahtzee needs to stop reviewing games that he has no interest in in the first place. Makes for less funny and more predictability.

On that note I really hope he steers clear of FFXIII when it eventually comes out.

I'd not heard of these before seeing this thread. Over the past couple of weeks, I've watched these things. A couple here, a couple there, and I got a few chuckles from some, and a good hearty laugh from others. However, the one for Oblivion got me to laugh a lot. When? At the part when he was talking about immersion, and he got to the "cat jumping on your lap" bit. I don't know why, but I laughed my ass off to the point of having to stop the review for a short time. Thus far, that's been the best part of all of them to me.

Well I'm not one of those "down with jrpgs" people so I'll wait till it comes out before judging it.

As for your second question, yes, he will, but he'll probably also use the opportunity to rant about the entire series using pretty much the same FF-hate we've all heard a bajillion times before. That and he said he wasn't going to play the game and it would be sad for our Yahtzee to go back on his word like that for the big bux that the Escapist may or may not be paying him.

Well, he has yet to play MK Wii, which he also promised to never review. Since that game's "reviewablility" let's call it, has since passed it's prime, he probably won't ever review it. And hopefully he never sells out so much that he forces himself to review something.

We have no proof that he was forced to review SC 4, right? I think I might have been jumping to conclusions earlier...

He was already forced to review Peggle, which he made abundantly clear in said review.

Escapist probably DOES force him to review some games. From what I gather, they help pay for his video games, especially for reviewing purposes. Escapist probably nudges him in various directions on reviewing, but I have no idea just how much if any pull they have over him right now. Considering ZP is pretty much the only thing Escapist has going for it, I'm pretty sure it'd be wiser to let the man have his freedom.