Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

Yes, one of his best reviews IMO.

But Re: the not-so-bonus end video:

"Look at us! We're being crazy with guitar prephrials! And destroying videogame systems! Yee-ha!

Let's show some random FPSs (of the shit-gray variety that Yahtzee hates)! With BLOOD everywhere! You kids like blood, right?"

...I'm tempted to watch that show (if it's out yet), but then again not really. Looks like someone's been watching too much G4 & Spike TV. :roll:

Edit: So true what he said about Sonic being an aging rock star; lol.

Yes, one of his best reviews IMO.

But Re: the not-so-bonus end video:

"Look at us! We're being crazy with guitar prephrials! And destroying videogame systems! Yee-ha!

Let's show some random FPSs (of the shit-gray variety that Yahtzee hates)! With BLOOD everywhere! You kids like blood, right?"

...I'm tempted to watch that show (if it's out yet), but then again not really. Looks like someone's been watching too much G4 & Spike TV. :roll:

Edit: So true what he said about Sonic being an aging rock star; lol.

I sat through about 10 minutes or so of their "pilot" episode. Only Yahtzee's rage kept me engaged even that long. It's basically nerds talking about video games and Yahtzee insulting people every minute or two. He seems to perform better talking obscenely fast into a headset mic with a prewritten script - either that or (and this is the more likely truth) his friends just aren't funny...

Really, snarkers like Yahtzee are best suited for solo work, unless they actually find a straight man who provides a perfect wall to bounce acerbic comments from. This is pretty much the case here as well. There are already too many "Geeks Talk About Video Games and Geek Culture" videos online as it is, and when they try to add humor into it, it just turns even more derivative.

Hell, the only reason I even like Zero Punctuation is that Yahtzee does his reviews alone and his delivery makes up for his derivative concept in reviewing. Alone he has a sense of comedic timing and wit that is just detracted from when you start throwing other people into the equation. When he's like this, he's much funnier than most of his Gaming Culture peers. He should just stick with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what the hell was up with his accent in this one?

it started off just fine, then his accent turned very, very strange. i missed approximately 30% of the content because i was trying to fathom it and when i tried to go back for what i'd lost, i just ended up losing it again because seriously what the hell.

EDIT - hahah, i started writing before the damned posted. whoa.

anyway, even if it was parody, the fact that he kept just pulling it out of nowhere was a little irritating to say the least.