Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

That's how it is with everything. And I do mean everything. Said activity is fun/funny/amusing for a while, then you get used to the format and anticipate that which previously surprised and pleased you. Then said activity becomes less appealing. It isn't the activity's fault...

It's yours.

But I've heard that amnesia or near-death experiences can make everything new again. Maybe that's what we all should do?

*bangs head on wall repeatedly*

That's how it is with everything. And I do mean everything. Said activity is fun/funny/amusing for a while, then you get used to the format and anticipate that which previously surprised and pleased you. Then said activity becomes less appealing. It isn't the activity's fault...

It's yours.

But I've heard that amnesia or near-death experiences can make everything new again. Maybe that's what we all should do?

*bangs head on wall repeatedly*

Then why is it when I introduce it to new people they always say that the later reviews are just not as funny as the first ones? It just seems like quality wise, he has sloped some. That's what pressure to do these does to a person though.

That's what pressure to do these does to a person though.

Seconded. It's one thing to create funny material; it's another thing entirely to create funny material repeatedly in adherence to a strict schedule.

Unless you have a lot of talent and a very, very creative mind, you're not always going to have fresh ideas. You won't always feel like writing or be able to come up with clever stuff, but if you're pursuing it as a career then your employers aren't going to care if you felt inspired or not; when that deadline rolls along, they want results, plain and simple.

This is why I don't plan on pursuing writing as a career, and why I don't tend to make my articles (comedic or otherwise) very public. I'd like to get the exposure and the feedback, sure, but with exposure comes the expectation that you'll be producing more content, and I know better than anyone that if I try to write something without feeling motivated about it then I'm just going to turn out crap.

Then why is it when I introduce it to new people they always say that the later reviews are just not as funny as the first ones? It just seems like quality wise, he has sloped some. That's what pressure to do these does to a person though.

I've noticed this too. Right around the time they stopped using a unique theme song before the review instead of the standard song. I found those funny too.

Right around the time they stopped using a unique theme song song

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I haven't watched it in ages because they stopped amusing me at around that point. I find it supremely ironic that he mentions something to the effect of "OH NOES MUSIC GONE OFFICIAL SHARK-JUMPING MOMENT" in his credit-text for that video, because it was more or less true.

Didn't help that the official theme song was the most generic rock imaginable.

Caught me a couple of times, couple of chuckles but nonetheless I don't know what to think of Bionnic commando really.

Then again I'm probably the only one on the OCR forums that got Cross Edge so I probably know jack shit about newer titles these days; yes I admit it and I don't see what's so difficult about it where reviewers seem to feel inadequate to comprehend it. :lol:

I'll admit it was quite funny, he got the feeling of long loading times right down to a tee though, I laughed at that because I know how frustrating it is to get PSP-loading-lag on a next-gen game. Overall, a funny review of a game that I actually was sorta surprised that I liked.