Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

His point about dickishness is accurate. Being evil because you're supposed to be evil is boring; being evil when you're supposed to be good is far more entertaining, even if it's only for a very small amount of time.

Case in point: Left 4 Dead. You're supposed to be working together, but god damn it, sometimes it's just sooooo satisfying to turn your shotgun on your idiot teammates. The proper thing to do would be to help them out: revive them, give them cover so they can heal, etc... but idiots being blasted to shit by your own hand is just so damn enjoyable.

The man is right: forced episodes of morality aren't fun. Stop making such bullshit examples of good and evil in games, and let us do that ourselves.

he really needs to just stop for a month. He's just not funny anymore...

Shouldn't the focus be on his reviews (in this case Overlord 2) and the funny just a bonus..?

Heck AVGN has moments where the "funny" garners cricket volume laughs at best yet still made his point on his reviews.

Nonetheless, you got to be pretty damn depressed/jaded not to even utter a chuckle :lol:

Shouldn't the focus be on his reviews (in this case Overlord 2) and the funny just a bonus..?

Heck AVGN has moments where the "funny" garners cricket volume laughs at best yet still made his point on his reviews.

Nonetheless, you got to be pretty damn depressed/jaded not to even utter a chuckle :lol:

maybe I am just jaded, life's been kinda wacky for me this last few months.

but yeah I only watch his stuff for the funnies because his actual reviews are usually too overbearing/cons-focused for me. And he likes to review games that were already considered sucky pre-launch and somehow wow us by pointing out how bad they are.

You're not supposed to go to Yahtzee JUST for LAWLS. It's supposed to be for reviewing insight that nobody else is going to mention, such as blank names in RPGs, gratuitous low walls to hide behind, and now the failure of "evil" games.

I honestly think it's more entertaining and insightful than funny. He thinks about things in a way I am unable to think about otherwise.

But I still don't base my video game purchases off his advice.

Exactly, he's more entertainment than journalism... if you can really call reviewing games journalism. I mean, they offer opinions about a subject they are often supplied with before anyone else, whereas journalists are supposed to cover the facts about events and people.

I can see why some people don't consider bloggers journalists now.

I do.

The original Red Faction started out as Descent 4, the lastest game in one of my favorite series.

Then they ditched the whole Descent aspect, and turned it into a FPS with no spaceships, mines or robots. They completely ignored the Descent series, after which it fell into obscurity and eventually became one of those "oh yeah, I forgot about that game... what ever happened to it?" series.

Thus, I am not happy with Red Faction. I don't hate it, but I am not happy with it.

I do.

The original Red Faction started out as Descent 4, the lastest game in one of my favorite series.

Then they ditched the whole Descent aspect, and turned it into a FPS with no spaceships, mines or robots. They completely ignored the Descent series, after which it fell into obscurity and eventually became one of those "oh yeah, I forgot about that game... what ever happened to it?" series.

Thus, I am not happy with Red Faction. I don't hate it, but I am not happy with it.

I hear the music is pretty terrible especially :<

FUCKING FUCK FUCK! I JUST PAID $40 FOR EACH ONE OF THEM TEN TO FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! FUCK THIS!! I'M BOYCOTTING THE SERIES! THIS IS BULLSHIT AND so on and so on...

Man, it really does sound stupid. Just replace some of "year ago" to "weeks ago" and you have the entire L4D2 boycott in a nutshell.

It's funny because it's true. XD

There was a rumour that Descent 4 was going to be in development a year or so ago. Heard nothing since.

"On March 13, 2008 Interplay updated their website, inserting a background image highlighting some of the games in the company's roster. The picture included the trademarked blue shield orb known from the Descent series, offering further confirmation the Descent franchise is one of the IP's the company is focusing on.

On September 22, 2008, the company re-opened their website. The site's discussion board includes the official Descent forum[6].

As of October 21, 2008, Interplay has re-registered the Descent trademark with the USPTO.[7]"

-Wikipedia

Probably another Duke Nukem Forever-esk let down.