Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

His points are somewhat fair on a few of them. Bicycling, for one, and Jetski is pretty difficult to properly steer. Basketball also feels like a hit-or-miss thing, but then for me I've never been very accurate with my real-life throws either.

That said, I LOVE the exploration with the airplane, and frisbee is indeed a blast.

Conduit wasn't a great game, but it isn't as bad as he made it out to seem. My biggest gripe is that his discussion of turning was completely wrong. You can change the settings to turn with the nunchuck if you want to. Now I grant that the game wasn't nearly as intuitive as, say, Metroid Prime 3, and I recognize that these are for comedy purposes more than information, but I think misinformation about a game is problematic, even for a comedy review.

That said, I still love Zero Punctuation reviews, and enjoy my weekly Wednesday afternoon 5-minute break to watch them.

Conduit wasn't a great game, but it isn't as bad as he made it out to seem. My biggest gripe is that his discussion of turning was completely wrong. You can change the settings to turn with the nunchuck if you want to. Now I grant that the game wasn't nearly as intuitive as, say, Metroid Prime 3, and I recognize that these are for comedy purposes more than information, but I think misinformation about a game is problematic, even for a comedy review.

Agreed. The controls were really quite good IMO... The fact you can customize in any way you wish made it really easy to get going with the game, but heck, it does feel like a Halo clone lacking any original flare...

My biggest gripe is that his discussion of turning was completely wrong. You can change the settings to turn with the nunchuck if you want to.

Quick question from someone who's never played the game: If you change it to turn using the nunchuck then how would you strafe? I ask in all seriousness because I can't think of a way to remap that particular function on a Wii controller that wouldn't make it useless or at the very least highly annoying in combat. And since this isn't 1997, strafing is a pretty essential FPS movement.