Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

Toadofsky, I completely agree with you. Except for the "hardcore gamer" thing. I'm a firm believer that hardcore gamers and casual gamers exist.

Coop, Halo-bashing hasn't stopped, in case you were trying to insinuate otherwise. Not saying you were, but yeah.

Coop, Halo-bashing hasn't stopped, in case you were trying to insinuate otherwise. Not saying you were, but yeah.

Oh I know it hasn't. But it's not nearly as prevalent as it once was back when the XSux, Lamecube and PoS2 were up against each other.

Dear God I can't believe I still remember those system name manipulations :lol:

By the way Toadofsky. I wasn't implying that you had been a Halo-bashing fanboy who was getting his comeuppance or anything. I was only saying what your post reminded me of from that time period. Nothing more :-)

Did any one ever think it's not so much the bashing on Halo had been warrented, but it was indirectly bashing it's slovenly hardcore fanatics?

I mean look at the majority of your xbox live members depicted here, not counting those that have a subscription here in OCR.

1261200887808.jpg

You got the assholes who wouldn't dare confront any one in life, the fan boys zealously defending the system and its games in an unreasonable fashion, then you got the new comers who only ever tout madden as the holy grail of games.

Don't mind that guy in the back, he's pretty much the obligatory teabagger on the PC MP games who had converted to playing on the xbox/360 religiously. He's the quiet dude that simply tea bags after every kill.

Did any one ever think it's not so much the bashing on Halo had been warrented, but it was indirectly bashing it's slovenly hardcore fanatics?

I mean look at the majority of your xbox live members depicted here, not counting those that have a subscription here in OCR.

1261200887808.jpg

You got the assholes who wouldn't dare confront any one in life, the fan boys zealously defending the system and its games in an unreasonable fashion, then you got the new comers who only ever tout madden as the holy grail of games.

Don't mind that guy in the back, he's pretty much the obligatory teabagger on the PC MP games who had converted to playing on the xbox/360 religiously. He's the quiet dude that simply tea bags after every kill.

What you just said basically applies to the fanboys and fanatics of each company/system though. It's not like XBox owners had the market cornered when it came to being over sensitive, maniacal nut cases when someone said a bad thing about their beloved system.

What you just said basically applies to the fanboys and fanatics of each company/system though. It's not like XBox owners had the market cornered when it came to being over sensitive, maniacal nut cases when someone said a bad thing about their beloved system.

Oh I'm well aware of that, it's just that they're more prominent as far as I've witnessed personally.

Oh I'm well aware of that, it's just that they're more prominent as far as I've witnessed personally.

For me, it was the Sony and Nintendo fanboys (especially the "Big N" around these parts) that were the most vocal. Dear God... if you said one disparaging thing against a Nintendo system, they'd come out of the wood work to jump up your ass about it. It's like a big "N" was flashed in the sky ala Batman-like spotlight, to call them together :lol:

For me, it was the Sony and Nintendo fanboys (especially the "Big N" around these parts) that were the most vocal. Dear God... if you said one disparaging thing against a Nintendo system, they'd come out of the wood work to jump up your ass about it. It's like a big "N" was flashed in the sky ala Batman-like spotlight, to call them together :lol:

Hey... watch what you're saying, or else I'll send you to where Sega is right now.

Hell, I could even make you star in the next Sonic game, I ain't joking around here...

Good thing he gave the Most Obstinate Refusal to Die Award to Michael Atkinson instead of Mario. No sense in having our favorite plumber die, as long as he keeps providing excellent games like Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Luigi, Bowser's Inside Story, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Not to mention how hilariously he slammed that sour Australian, and how much that guy deserves it.

I was surprised that GOTY went to Batman, instead of the usual candidates (Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2).

I liked Diablo 1 when it came out, but it doesn't hold up at all. I still like D2, which is still miles and piles above Torchlight. Start with D2, take away half the classes, the majority of skill choices and interesting builds, and open spaces, and you'll end up with Torchlight. The only improvements in Torchlight over Diablo 2 are better graphics (hardly an achievement when 10 years have passed since D2) and the ability to pick up gold simply by moving over it.

Torchlight is still a fun game, but, whenever I play it, I immediately get the strong desire to quit and open Diablo 2 instead.