Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

He is unnecessarily harsh on this game for being just $5 when I bought it. I did not really like either the first or second Diablos, but I'm definitely enjoying my romp through Torchlight, at least for now.

I'm always annoyed when Yahtzee complains about a game for something he didn't understand, like he skipped the tutorial or something. He goes on about clicking the mouse all the time, but if you hold the mouse button down, you keep attacking automatically.

He also complains about hitting the map button and it distracting him, when again, he simply didn't know the control for putting it back.

For poop's sake, the retail price was $20, and we all paid $10 or even $5 for it. It has a lot of depth for a budget title, especially compared to $15 games on WiiWare, XBL or PS3 Network.

Got some good couple of laughs from the Bayonetta one and I have to say I actually agree with the Mid-boss fight check point feature. Yes it affects the final score but sometimes, it's a nice contrast to Berser-I mean Demon's Souls where if I die I'd have to go through the entire stage just to have another chance at fighting the boss who kicked my ass the first time.

Darksiders review gave me some great laughs as well.

The only games I remember him liking are Psyconauts (which is two bucks, TWO BUCKS on steam through thursday), Painkiller (which is probably my favorite of his reviews, I laugh so damn hard every time I watch it), and Batman: Arkham Asyulum.

There've been quite a few games that he liked, when you look back. He's usually not very vocal about it unless they're really, really good, but he's had plenty of "I actually enjoyed this game except for these issues" reviews. Left 4 Dead, No More Heroes, Fallout 3; the list goes on.

Also, don't forget Prince of Persia, Portal and Call of Duty 4. I would also imagine he likes God of War, judging by how often he uses it as a yardstick.

I would also imagine he likes God of War, judging by how often he uses it as a yardstick.
Well, he didn't like the QTEs in it, and he seems to object to running around half-naked in a game (understandable, because a beachwear-clad person getting hit with a machete usually doesn't result in "minor" damage). God of War just seems to be very obvious offenders of those. He might've liked it, but then games started copying all the annoying parts of it rather than what he actually liked.

That "Fantasy" egg game (not familiar with the game, sorry to say) is a "joke" favorite of his, perhaps for sake of nostalgia. He later downplayed it, but it's probably one of his first favorites (or perhaps his first game - that'd make a lot of sense).

OK, seriously. What the hell is going on with the Escapist's video host and why am I the only one in the world having problems with it?

I go to the page with the Dark Void video. It has the Zero Punctuation logo on it. A caption saying "This week, Yahtzee reviews Dark Void". "Dark Void" is even in the URL. And yet when I try to watch it, all I get is a five minute advertisement for The Escapist's content. No review.