Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

He wasn't nearly as vitriolic as I thought he'd be. Guess its a good thing he didn't play more than 5 hours.

For the record though, I actually enjoyed everything about the game save the pacing until Cha.12 when shit goes bonkers.

I've been waiting for him to review FFXIII, but he only played 5 hours worth? Kind of disappointing to find that out... He won't tear it apart nearly as much as I'd hope he would.

*Watches*

As an FFXIII fan, I can say with all honesty - he's pretty much spot on *for the first 5 hours*. The characters are just dysfunctional but they get way more interesting - as his friend said - 20 hours in. The linear pathing also dissapears around then.

If you don't enjoy the linear part - you are probably going to be sick of it within 5 hours. I don't think I'd be able to stand replaying the game for that reason, it takes far too long to kick off really.

I still enjoyed the game mind, but he hit all the flaws head on. It gets better later is a pretty crap defense for a game.

As an FFXIII fan, I can say with all honesty - he's pretty much spot on *for the first 5 hours*. The characters are just dysfunctional but they get way more interesting - as his friend said - 20 hours in. The linear pathing also dissapears around then.

If you don't enjoy the linear part - you are probably going to be sick of it within 5 hours. I don't think I'd be able to stand replaying the game for that reason, it takes far too long to kick off really.

I still enjoyed the game mind, but he hit all the flaws head on. It gets better later is a pretty crap defense for a game.

Yeah, his review was on point. I am feeling exactly the same way he felt. I actually stopped playing for a while cause I'm losing interest. Hopefully, I will feel a little better when I reach that 20 hour point that everyone is talking about.

I'm probably going to hurry up and beat this game, then trade it in immediately. There is no way I'm gonna play it again. There is just no replay value in this one for me.

Yeah, his review was on point. I am feeling exactly the same way he felt. I actually stopped playing for a while cause I'm losing interest. Hopefully, I will feel a little better when I reach that 20 hour point that everyone is talking about.

I'm probably going to hurry up and beat this game, then trade it in immediately. There is no way I'm gonna play it again. There is just no replay value in this one for me.

You ain't kidding brother. But SquareEnix don't give a shit if you play it twice! :tomatoface:

They've already taken your $60...

Well, guys, I've thought about it and...you know those people who've gotten tired of Yahtzee, saying that he's too same-y and has become old and repetitive?

I'm not one of those people (yet). Loved the GoW3 review. "Pregnant aircraft carrier." :lmassoff:

:lmassoff:x5

Yahtzee gets 5/5 laughing smilies this week. (Even though his Nintendo hatred is becoming more predictable and baseless as time goes on.)

I just might get Red Steel 2 now. Worse case scenario, I'll trade in Red Steel 2, and still have a Wii Motion + for when the next Zelda comes. :<

Pretty much spot on for JC2. The game's ridiculously fun, and the only major flaw is its ridiculous expansiveness/repetitiveness - it's TOO BIG. I spent 20 hours completing sidequests and 5 hours (at most) finishing the entire story, and I'm still 30-something% complete. I'll definitely go back when I'm not inundated with other new games to finish up, but it's definitely reaching a bit too far for content.

On the other hand, driving a fully upgraded motorcycle through a snowy, deathtrap-filled mountain range for absolutely no good reason is way too much fun and I really can't describe why.