Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

ouch. i got that as a Christmas present for a cousin without really thinking about it. I guess younger audiences don't like it either.

People like it. They also tend to forget that 1) Yahtzee accentuates the negative as part of his comedy schtick, 2) He likes mature games for mature gamers such as himself, and 3) For the most part his taste in games is pretty crap.

It's not the blockbuster hit it was hyped to be, but Epic Mickey's sales are reasonably good and it's garnered many favourable reviews.

Epic Mickey actually was pretty awful.

At best, it is Short Field Trip Mickey, not Epic Mickey

Well, I wouldn't say it was awful, but I am disappointed. The early concept art really hyped me up, and I thought it would be different that what it actually turned out to be. It was a decent platformer/puzzle game, but I came across some annoying bugs (aiming and shooting, getting stuck in objects, ect) and the camera system was just retarded.

People like it. They also tend to forget that 1) Yahtzee accentuates the negative as part of his comedy schtick, 2) He likes mature games for mature gamers such as himself, and 3) For the most part his taste in games is pretty crap.

yeeeeah, I noticed that. I agree with his jabs, but I like most games that he'd probably hate.
Epic Mickey actually was pretty awful.

At best, it is Short Field Trip Mickey, not Epic Mickey

Game Titles speak louder than the game itself.

[usually, for example: Tony Hawks's American "Wasteland", "Twisted" Metal Black, GTA: "Vice" City, Hulk:Ultimate "Destruction", "Epic" Mickey, etc.

Epic Mickey? Haven't played it. I'll say this: The Mickey Mouse games on SNES are awesome. The two Capcom ones and then that other one. Totally awesome games. There was a time when if you saw "Disney" on a game cartridge, it was synonymous with fucking awesome.