Zero Punctuation (Hilarious) Game Reviews

sephfire

I played The Line because of his review.

Yeah it's ****ing depressing.

Ahah, I was playing this game a couple weeks ago, and it actually fried my GPU. Guess it was too depressing even for machines. ;P

Hands down one of the best narrative to ever come out of a military shooter. The part involving white phosphorus is imprinted in my brain forever.

Also, The Line features some truly gorgeous scenery/art-direction. Nice to play a cover-based shooter not relying solely on the dark-brown palette.

Inversion on the other hand...

Ahah, I was playing this game a couple weeks ago, and it actually fried my GPU. Guess it was too depressing even for machines. ;P

Hands down one of the best narrative to ever come out of a military shooter. The part involving white phosphorus is imprinted in my brain forever.

Also, The Line features some truly gorgeous scenery/art-direction. Nice to play a cover-based shooter not relying solely on the dark-brown palette.

Inversion on the other hand...

Agreed. The game is really a commentary on modern war shooters, done through the narrative and mechanics.

Extra Credits did a two part episode on the game.

I don't know what it is about Yahtzee's play-through descriptions that make them so great, but it's his best material. It's self-depreciating, hyperbolic to the perfect point, and accessible regardless of if you've played the game or not. The DayZ review was hilarious.

EDIT (9/19): Yahtzee was at the Escapist Expo for some panels, which they linked here. There was no traditional ZP this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...