Worst Nes Game Has Best Music

Kenobio

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but just found this little article recently posted at Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/worst-nes-game-evar-has-awesomest-music-316014.php

Back in the early 1990's, now defunct developer Active Enterprises manufactured 1,500 copies of its never released NES game Cheetahmen II. The dev hoped the three Cheetahmen (Apollo, Aries and Hercules) would be the company's answer to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They weren't. The sequel is bug infested and almost unplayable, but thankfully, the unsold copies were found in a warehouse for us to laugh and point at. According to a GameSpot review, there are enemies that can neither be killer or avoided. However, the soundtrack is SO GREAT!!

It may be a little hard, but it's worth it to stick around till the end of the first clip. "Who is that boss?!"

I must say, while the original music has some annoying and highly repetitive bits, some parts really are awesome, particularly for an NES game. "Best ever" is a bit of a stretch, of course, but pretty amusing nonetheless. Some of the Japanese remixes (the other clips) are pretty damn cool too. Eagerly awaiting Cheetahmen II OC remixes! :P

Its always odd when a game that utterly sucks happens to have awesome or at least decent music. The music is great but you just have no good experience with the game itself. For me a great deal of a game song's strength comes from the experience you had listening to it in the actual game, but thats just me.

In #ocremix, I have already offered a bounty of an OCR t-shirt, bought and paid with free shipping personally sent by me, to the ReMixer who gets the first passed Cheetahmen II mix on OCR.

This song is pretty sweet. zircon called it QUOTE "boring and lame". We'll show him!

Larry's retiring Caramella and going as a Cheetahman this Halloween... the oft-overlooked fourth token black Cheetahman, at that.