MOD NOTE: Larry has gutted this thread on 'Cursed Bloodline' like a fish

Kenobio

The voice is like any other instrument except a million times more advanced in how you can shape the sound. It's the best synth out there and it has as many oscillators as there is people. Too bad some are real hard to tune. Like my voice :)

Pfft, didn't you know? The digital age didn't just end the need to worry about keeping all those analog synths in tune. The digital age also ended the need to be able to sing in tune.

Antares AutoTune ftw!

Pfft, didn't you know? The digital age didn't just end the need to worry about keeping all those analog synths in tune. The digital age also ended the need to be able to sing in tune.

Antares AutoTune ftw!

lol, good point. But I have a crappy oscillator. Really. Sounds like a cross between a jock and a 5 year old. In a bad way.

Can't think of any good examples in the last few years. The closest thing might be "Memories Frozen in Time", but that had a decent amount of interpretation if you listened for it. There were variations and additions.

It's good to see that despite popular opinion, the judges actually DO listen to the remixes before passing judgment. Hahaha! ^_^

Harmony, Another Soundscape, I gotta turn around and disagree AGAIN. Hahaha. Of course lyrics make us like the music and the human voice IS definitely an instrument used for producing sound and music, but my statement about "lyrics" not being music is all about being able to separate the "lyrics" from the "vocals." Most people don't think about it that way because they do go extremely hand in hand. So yeah, the vocal melody, the timbre of the voice, and even the sound that results from the different mouth shapes that happen to form words all definitely count as lyrics. HOWEVER! (LOL) the fact that those vocals create words which have meaning isn't music. He could have sung completely different lyrics in the same way and aside from the difference in the sound resulting from different mouth shapes, we could say that it's otherwise exactly the same thing. Of course if he WERE saying something about pink bunnies and cotton candy, we'd all think it was stupid and unrelated to the music because it would be. Hahaha. But that's just verbal communication which is a completely different thing from music. I doubt I'm ever gonna get anyone who's not linguistics teacher to agree with me on this, ESPECIALLY musicians, but there's my argument anyway. ^_^

I just joined in after Harmony. Didn't read your posts XD Lyrics with meaning that appeal to you ain't bad. I think it's secondary to the sound of the voice. Not that I'm picky with my singers, no no , I just like expressive singing. Anyway, I understand your argument and I agree at some points but I do not feel the same. Much love for discussing though, it's interesting!

Harmony, Another Soundscape, I gotta turn around and disagree AGAIN. Hahaha. Of course lyrics make us like the music and the human voice IS definitely an instrument used for producing sound and music, but my statement about "lyrics" not being music is all about being able to separate the "lyrics" from the "vocals."

Cool. As long as you agree that the human voice is in fact an instrument and its use in a song is at least in part musical, then we are on the same page. That being said, I put very little emphasis on the meaning of lyrics in general, so "bad" lyrics probably don't affect my opinion of a song the way they most likely would affect yours.

I just joined in after Harmony. Didn't read your posts XD

It's good to know that my words are so charismatic that they inspire others to follow me by faith alone. Hmm...maybe I should start a religion or something ;)

NO (resubmit)

WHOA! NO WAY! Are we really allowed to do that?! Cause I REALLY wanna do that. Hey wait a second, guys. Check this out.

NO OVERRIDE(Don't ever resubmit this because it sucks! Yes, that's right. It sucks! And don't bother going to get help from the Remixing forums, working hard towards becoming a great remixer, OR being all that you can be, because you suck!)

Hahahaaaaaaa!

Just a little joke. Don't think too hard about it. ^_^

I immediately thought of Snappleman.

Also, you forgot your right parenthesis :(

Holy crap. You're right! I gotta go edit that. Thanks. hahaha.

well this was certainly an interesting topic

I tell you man, I make ALL the cool topics. Remember the judge love thread? I didn't think it would fail as badly as it did, but while failing it also succeeded at the same time because it was like this thing called UNMOD which everyone seemed to like and nobody seemed to have. . . ?!?!?